DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Often crashes or VERY long load time going from main menu to host new blank campaign

I get to the main menu, select host a campaign, cloud server. name the campaign. and from there its hit or miss if the campaign actually loads or crashes. When it does indeed load, it takes maybe 10 minutes or so to get there

When I AM able to get a campaign to load, it takes nearly 60 full seconds (possibly more) to load each book in the library, each book i go up, my memory usage goes up significantly as indicated in another thread

Win 10
    i7-3820 @ 3.60 Ghz
    24 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

FGU effectively unusable for me in its current state as im not interested in sitting around for an hour clicking 1 button and waiting 2-10 minutes for said thing to load, then doing it again and again.

It's based on your HD and RAM speeds for those things.
    Using SSD or NMVe drive will help cut the times down to about 1/2 of what you are talking maybe even more.

This is as expected currently because they are focused on playable stuff now, and work on speeding it up after.

I have enterprise SSD and loading a new or empty campaign takes ages sometimes. No idea why, no extension or custom ruleset.
    It is not related to the disk.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    It's based on your HD and RAM speeds for those things.
    Using SSD or NMVe drive will help cut the times down to about 1/2 of what you are talking maybe even more.

This is as expected currently because they are focused on playable stuff now, and work on speeding it up after.
    I am using an SSD

Same. I try to Host a game and it fails to load and crashes every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulous View Post
    Same. I try to Host a game and it fails to load and crashes every time.
    You might want to start another thread as your issues sound totally different than the OPs issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigon View Post
    I am using an SSD
    It takes 10mins to load on an SSD huh? That's not right something sounds a little off of the people I've talked to.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    I have enterprise SSD and loading a new or empty campaign takes ages sometimes. No idea why, no extension or custom ruleset.
    It is not related to the disk.
    How long is ages?
    I would say on an SSD over 6mins on a clean campaign is too long, do you have any modules loaded or anything?

Right now I know everyone is taking a long time.

6 minutes is waaay too long compared to FGC. Granted I know this is still alpha/beta, but it does get a tad frustrating.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for reporting. We logged it in a ticket to research the high memory usage of loading modules.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Thanks for reporting. We logged it in a ticket to research the high memory usage of loading modules.
    I can try and take a screen recording of me going through the steps from application launch to the issue so you can see times and such. Perhaps it will show you something I've missed. That said, we're going into the weekend of my favorite holiday. I MIGHT have time tonight, tomorrow night or Friday night but I'm 100% busy Saturday/Sunday

If you think it will help I'll try to prioritize it. The only question is how would you want me to get you the footage? I think YouTube has the ability to make a video private.

Thread Information