DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Add 'Share' opton to Right-click Radial Menu when on a list of Worlds

Folks,

In Traveller there are Sectors, SubSectors and worlds. With the correct access to the data the players would know as much about a world as the GM. In Traveller we have World Data, the stats of law level, population etc etc.

I've added a 'share' option when viewing the World Data, right-click and select 'Share' and it appears, but that means going into the Record Sheet.

Is there a way of adding 'Share' to the radial menu when you are in the list view? I can't find one.

Traveller2EWorldsData.jpg

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

You can just drag and drop onto the chat window to make a record public for everyone in the campaign.

If you wanted to add a button to Share, you would essentially be creating a custom radial menu item that would be making the database node for that record public. If you want it to pop up on the player screen as well, that's a different beast.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    You can just drag and drop onto the chat window to make a record public for everyone in the campaign.

If you wanted to add a button to Share, you would essentially be creating a custom radial menu item that would be making the database node for that record public. If you want it to pop up on the player screen as well, that's a different beast.

Regards,
    JPG
    Morning Chap,

Just the radial so the GM can tell the players that the data is in the World list.

This is the code inside the library file. I've looked into the library for CoreRPG/DnD5E and there's no sign off telling it to have a 'share' button.

Code:
    	["worlds"] = {
    		bExport = true,
    		aDataMap = { "worlds", "reference.worlds" },
    		aDisplayIcon = { "button_worlds", "button_worlds_down" },
    		sRecordDisplayClass = "worlds",
    		aCustomFilters = {
    			["Sector"] = { sField = "sector" },
    			["SubSector"] = { sField = "subsector" }
    		},
    	},
    So if you can tell me where to look to create a custom radial for the Worlds that would be great. I know how to create them for PC sheets (Inventory/actions etc) but that's not built the same as the window lists for the data (that I can see).

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Oh yeah, the master index list isn't unique per record type, which complicates things. It's not designed to add custom radials, so you would have to override windowclasses and their scripts.

Instead, I'll add Share as a menu option in all the master lists in v3.3.9, since Unshare is already there.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Oh yeah, the master index list isn't unique per record type, which complicates things. It's not designed to add custom radials, so you would have to override windowclasses and their scripts.

Instead, I'll add Share as a menu option in all the master lists in v3.3.9, since Unshare is already there.

Regards,
    JPG
    Chap,

That would be ace, just saves a few mouse clicks which is super stuff.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information