5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Accurate stats Pathfinder 1ed

Hello,
    One of the main complaints my players and I have had for years now is inaccurately reported statistics once effects and buffs have been applied.

Now that the group is up to 14th level this is becoming a huge issue that is eating up copious amounts of our sessions.

At this level of play, its nothing to have 7 or 8 buffs plus 3 or 4 debuffs running in a major battle. Figuring out what your stats are, and in fact if the effect is accurately applied is a nightmare.

I had hoped this was going to be addressed in Unity, but in playing with the Beta build I see the exact same scenario.

My thought is that behind the scenes in the code, there has to be a routine that is calculating the accurate info at some point, as it is needed for an attack / save / etc.

Does anyone have any idea's on how to go about showing this info to the players and gm?

Also I raised this a few years ago and the reason i was given for it not being there was conditional situations. But all I care about is the non situational scenario's.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Jared

We have not had any reports of situations where the rolls don't correctly reflect the effects applied to them. Do you have specific examples of roll and effect combinations that are not working?

Regards,
    JPG

Moon Wizard,
    Its less about the total's being inaccurate than it is about the effects not being accurate. Which then begins a process of auditing the effects. My players all run Hero Labs in tandem with FG, and apply buffs etc to their HL character sheet. They can see the stats there, and know that everything is applied correctly.

In FG, you cannot at a glance see if everything is applied properly. If you could see non circumstantial bonuses applied, you would know immediately that there was a problem. This is exacerbated by how clumsy it is for players to manage their own buffs (essentially they can't, so I guess its not really clumsy, its just missing).

Jared

To put it another way:

If I want to figure out my AC I have to go to my character sheet, see what I hard set in my character sheet, then I need to go to my effects, and go one by one, adding each effect up and eventually get to my current actual AC.

The current system works fine I guess in low level play when a couple effects tops may be in play.

At high level play though, you can have a dozen effects in play. And the perks for those buffs may be as much as 15 or 20 points of AC increased over the stats on your character sheet.

Players can manage their own buffs by removing them from the combat tracker directly.

I understand what you say about visibility of "totals with effects", but it's not something we've had the time to explore and figure out how much work it would be. Given the FGU beta process, it may not be anytime soon unfortunately.

Regards,
    JPG

Moon Wizard,

How do users remove their own buffs? I see no option in the combat tracker for them to do so.

2019-10-30 6-20-09 PM.png

Blog Entries
    Players can only remove effects they have added themselves. If added by GM, then they can not remove them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Alternatively, they also can't remove them if another player added them.

Which basically means they cannot maintain their own info as you usually have one or two party members casting the buffs.

Leaving it to the GM to manage ALL buffs / debuffs. I really wish there was an option in the config that said "I trust my players to handle their own character".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jasharen View Post
    I really wish there was an option in the config that said "I trust my players to handle their own character".
    I take teh same approach to my players. But then others post that they want to be able to lock character sheets so no changes can be made by the players...

Anyway, see if the idea is on the wishlist, so you can vote for it. If not, add it!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Given that the option is already there to remove effects you applied, I can't imagine it would be all that hard to just say "Always allow it". Off to find the link of feature requests. lol

Thread Information