STAR TREK 2d20

Is it possible to get a refund?

I don't feel this is worth it to me to keep. There are hardly any players for it, and if there were none are interested. Anyway, I would like a refund for the module.

Please email [email protected]
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Certainly less popular systems can take time to find a stable group. Based off the forums post I thought it was looking like you were getting a group together.

Some advice we give to GMs who are struggling to get a game going is to start with even a couple of players, and post details of your games on the forums - not just here, but also forums specific to the RPG system in question - a lot of players for less popular games won't be looking for online games outside of their small sphere of influence. Then, if people see a game being played they want to join in! Also, you can get players interested through one-shots - especially at places like FG Con - which is just a couple of weeks away! It can be hard to get a game going, but if you really like the system/setting and want to play then the up-front legwork may pay off in the long run.

Shame, but if you're not getting anywhere with a less popular system then it might be time to move on...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I feel your frustration @chronoknight420 - I too enjoy more "obscure" games. It took me a while (6 weeks or so) to find players for each of my games. But we've now got a stable group of 6 and 7 (plus me as GM) for both of my games: Star Frontiers Alpha Hawks and Deadlands Classic. I put up a couple of advertisements on the LFG Forums (look for "Terrorists, Megacorps..." and "A Tale O' Terror" if you'd like to see what I wrote) and one of my players in the SFAH game is writting up the adventures as diary entries in that thread.

We also stream on Twitch and post the vids on YouTube (see sig, below).

What I'm trying to say (badly?) is that I second Trenloe's advice - start with a few, do some 1-shots, etc - but if you do want a refund, then as Trenloe says, email [email protected]

Hope you find some players for whichever games you love to play

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

To third their advice. While I have a pretty fixed and long running group (like from High School in the early 80s) sometimes she we start a new campaign life makes it so only a couple of players can make it. FG has taken airfare out of our gaming so that is an awesome savings. Still if you have a couple of players that's all you really need to start a game. Start with what you can find and build your players over time. I often find it easier to start out with less and build up. There is a lot of opportunity for interpersonal communications and world building with a smaller group, building a foundation to expand on as your group expands.

For instance, you run some adventures with Kitty Pryde and Illyana Rasputin and eventually build up to the New Mutants...

Also, even if you get a refund now I don't think they would penalize you if you repurchased after you put a group together.

Thread Information