5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Updating issue Loading Pathfinder 2 Lost Omen World Guide

Thanks in advance,

I purchased the Pathfinder 2 Core Rulebook and Lost Omen's World Guide and when I tried to update fantasy ground but got the message - "GetPackageFiles: Network: timeout" while it was updating modules.
    I initially figured it was because I'd only just purchased them so I waited a while and it finally decided to let me download Pathfinder 2e CRB, but a day later and the Lost Omen's World Guide is still getting the same timeout error.

Troubleshooting checks:
    I've checked the online purchase order and have definitely paid for and received confirmation
    I've reset Fantasy Grounds & Steam
    I've reset my computer but have not attempted to uninstall/reinstall yet
    I've activated port forwarding to 1802 and regularly run and host games of FG successfully.

Final thought
    The strangest thing was that PF2CRB was causing the same issue which cleared up, I originally thought it was something on my end, but given it's fixed one automatically without the other I'm kinda interested to see if anyone has any tips or tricks to fix this.

Welcome to the FG Forums Deadaussiegamer!

This issue is usually caused by some form of network communication/blocking to the FG update server. It has nothing to do with port 1802 (that's only used by the GM to host games). What it can be is your setup blocking the connection - bus as you say you've now downloaded the Core Rules, it can't be this. As it says timeout it may just be that when you're trying to update there's too much going on. All I can say, as you're getting a timeout not a specific blocking error, is to keep trying.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks so much, Trenloe. I'll keep trying and try to shut down a few background processes

So I kept trying and now the Pathfinder 2nd Ed Core Rulebook is having trouble updating. @ Trenloe you mentioned something about my setup blocking the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadaussiegamer View Post
    So I kept trying and now the Pathfinder 2nd Ed Core Rulebook is having trouble updating.
    Yeah, that got updated today.

@ Trenloe you mentioned something about my setup blocking the connection.
    I'd recommend looking in your <FG app data>\vault directory - this is where the Core Rulebook and Lost Omens World Guide files will be downloaded to.

The filename codes are:

Core Rules = PZOSMWPZO2101FG
    Lost Omens World Guide = PZOSMWPZO9301FG

FG will inititally download into a <filename code>.tmp file and then rename to <filename code>.dat - if you see the files slowly increasing, then it is downloading, just very slow. If you see that the files aren't increasing in size, then there's probably a block somewhere.

Check your local computer security to see if it's doing any blocking. Also log into your Internet router to see if there are any download/blocking settings on there - sometimes a family filter may block the update as it has "fantasy" in the server name! :/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Firewall security allows Fantasy ground past and no family filter.

I have the original Core rules file there, but it's not creating a tmp file when the update starts. No idea where the block might be. I have done a purchase in the past for some Pathfinder 1e materials and they had no issues and nothing in the settings has changed since those purchases either.

Firewall security allows Fantasy ground past and no family filter.

I have the original Core rules file there, but it's not creating a tmp file when the update starts. No idea where the block might be. I have done a purchase in the past for some Pathfinder 1e materials and they had no issues and nothing in the settings has changed since those purchases either.
    The FantasyGrounds.exe will have updated at some time, and this can reset/break the local security settings. Make sure your network is set to Private in Windows Network and Sharing Center, then remove and recreate any whitelist/allowance for FantasyGrounds.exe and FGUpdaterEngine.exe - the second one is what is used for the update process.

I went into networks sharing and deleted the old Input rules for FG and reapplied the allowances. It seems to have stabilized enough to handle the CRB update so now I'm back to Lost Omens not updating. So progress

Is there a FG support line that I can contact? Been at it for days now with no progress and could really use a troubleshoot.

Is there a FG support line that I can contact? Been at it for days now with no progress and could really use a troubleshoot.
    No support line.

You can send a message to [email protected] to ask for assistance, but I’d imagine they’re going to tell you the same as I’ve said.

Have you downloaded the Core Rules completely? How big is PZOSMWPZO9301FG.dat or .tmp in your vault directory?

A thing to try to see if it’s your computer or your internet - do you have a mobile hotspot you can test with? See if the download works over that.

Thread Information