DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    The Core Rules are completely downloaded and working fine. I don't have PZOSMWPZO9301FG as a dat or tmp file in the vault director.
    I have tried with a mobile hotspot just then and the update still failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadaussiegamer View Post
    The Core Rules are completely downloaded and working fine. I don't have PZOSMWPZO9301FG as a dat or tmp file in the vault director.
    I have tried with a mobile hotspot just then and the update still failed.
    Failed with a timeout?

As this fails with your hotspot as well as your normal internet connection then there is more than likely something on your computer blocking the connection. When you used the mobile hotspot was your network shown as public or private in Windows Network and Sharing Center? If Public, set it to Private.

Double-Check your security apps and see that the two applications I mentioned previously (the main app and the updater) are allowed network access. Check any logs/history of your security apps to see if they have registered those apps as problems or have ever blocked the connectivity of them.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Deadaussiegamer,

Definitely contact [email protected] if you are having issues. That's the only direct support avenue we have. We try to monitor all the other channels as well, but it's more sporadic. Checking our support queue, I see your first support e-mail request came in 12 hours ago. I'm sure that David who handles our support will be answering shortly.

In the mean time, Network time out error messages mean that the updater application is being blocked from reaching our update servers. So, some program or piece of hardware between the FG updater and the FG update server is blocking the connection.

* Check to make sure your computer network connection is set to Private
    * Check to make sure you have allowed both FantasyGrounds.exe and FGUpdaterEngine.exe to have access through any security software, including Windows Defender/Firewall
    * Check to see if you have any other third party security software running (Norton, McAfee, Avast, ...). Add exceptions for both programs there.
    * Check to see if you have any parental control or internet filtering enabled on your machine via software or on your router? Make sure that fantasygrounds.com is excluded.

Regards,
    JPG

Hey guys tried all of the above and still no luck. To make matters wierder I just downloaded the FGU beta and it downloaded Lost Omens like cake. -_-

Hey guys tried all of the above and still no luck. To make matters wierder I just downloaded the FGU beta and it downloaded Lost Omens like cake. -_-
    Something is blocking the FG Classic updater on your computer. Please list all of the anti-virus, security and anti-malware applications you have installed on your computer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Standard Windows Firewall + Total AV

Standard Windows Firewall + Total AV
    Close FG and the updater (if that's running). Then:
    1) Go into the configuration for both of those applications and remove any exceptions for FantasyGrounds.exe and FGUpdaterEngine.exe. Start FG and give the updater a go. It probably won't work, but we want to start from a point where there are no exceptions at all - having removed any previously created exceptions.
    2) Close FG and the updater (if that's running). Add exceptions for FantasyGrounds.exe and FGUpdaterEngine.exe to Total AV only - if you have an options do it for both Private and Public networks. Start FG and give the updater a go.
    3) Close FG and the updater (if that's running). Add exceptions for FantasyGrounds.exe and FGUpdaterEngine.exe to Windows Firewall for both Private and Public networks. Start FG and give the updater a go.

If this doesn't work, please post screenshots of the configuration of each exception that has been created.

Total AV doesn't have a firewall system, it's my anti-virus software

Total AV doesn't have a firewall system, it's my anti-virus software
    I’m not familiar with Total AV, but this page seems to suggest it does have a firewall: https://support.totalav.com/en/kb/ar...d-a-connection

Thread Information