DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Symbaroum Show-stopper Bug

I'm getting various crashes doing unusual things with this product, but can work around most of them. The one that is stopping me proceeding is that tables cannot be opened once created and closed. Creating a table does not show a red dragon icon to start with on the table list. Once the table is built, closing it means it can never be opened again: clicking on table opens nothing and red dragon icon cannot be dragged as it doesn't exist.

I noticed that if I drag the red dragon icon from the info card for table to the hotkeys bar, I can then access the table later, so this seems like a pretty easy bug to fix. It doesn't work as a general work around though, as I have need of very many tables, and linking them is also not possible.

Duplicate post, please ignore.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just finished testing this, and I don't see what you are describing. I created a new table populated it, closed it and was able to close the tables and re-open it to see the tables listed.

What extensions and modules are you loading?
    Some books contain tables (the 5th Ed Player's Handbook for example loads a boat-load), and your table could be lost OR the GROUP tab is selected for (for example) Player's Handbook and your custom table is not showing simply because you are filtering to only see the PHB tables.

Table.png

EDIT: Sorry for the low-res image, I just wanted you to be able to see the dropdown I was referring to.

test1.png
    test2.png

I have purchased several rulesets, including 5e, Savage Worlds, CoC. I have no mods installed at all with Symbaroum, it is just vanilla and I just purchased it. All modules native to Symbaroum have been selected in library. The first screenshot shows my building the test table, which looks ok. The second one is after I have closed the table, showing no red icon on this list, with another test table called Treasure that has the same problem. Clicking on these tables does nothing. I have created 100s of tables in 5e and especially Savage Worlds with no problem. I had problems with updates but can update fine now (can enclose update file if that helps).

I am 99% sure this is a problem specific to Symbaroum, as the ruleset show signs of being 90% done, but has some very rough edges. It is also possible it is some kind of data corruption from downloads, but given that nearly everything else works in my system and I'm running a huge 5e campaign at the moment successfully, that is hard to believe... unless only my Symbaroun files got corrupted somehow after having just loaded them.
    Last edited by AKB; October 21st, 2019 at 15:58.

It looks like something might not be right with your install. Try deleting the ruleset and the CoreRPG ruleset from your rulesets folder in FGData and do an update.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you, sir. Will try that now.

No ruleset called Symbaroum in the rulesets folder. I deleted and updated corerpg and that didn't do it.

Contents of rulesets folder:
    rulesets.png
    Last edited by AKB; October 21st, 2019 at 16:10.

Oh, it may be in your vault directory then. Try deleting it from there.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Nothing called Symbaroum in vault either, but could be the SFRPG that is only one updated other than Coreprg since I purchased it. I deleted both of these in both rulesets and vault then updated, then created a new Symbaroum campaign with no mods or extensions and tables still have the problem.

Vault folder:
    vault.png

Reply above. Apologies for not using reply to start.

Thread Information