DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    The ruleset file in the vault directory is IPFGSRPDRULESET.dat it uses the FG product code, which can be found at the bottom of the product store page, below the screenshots.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Found file and deleted it. As you said, this caused all of the Symbaroum files to be reacquired in update, which didn't take long. Created new vanilla campaign and had same problem. Can you create tables that reopen in Symbaroum?

Tables are available in any ruleset which is built on the CoreRPG ruleset. I'm assuming that this one is too.

I'm still inclined to something not having installed or updated correctly but I don't know enough about this ruleset to advise further. It clearly should work as noted in post #2 above.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If you try this ruleset out, it is very unstable and easy to crash, so the implication that the CoreRPG stuff should work great assumes a level of stability that isn't there. This is why I am pointing out that while I have found work-arounds for every crash so far, this one stops me from proceeding. So this is a bug report, and unless you cannot reproduce it using the ruleset, I am not sure why you are responding other than trying to understand how to reproduce it.

Is there somewhere else to get customer support from people who have this ruleset installed and at least can determine if my bug report can be reproduced? If this is the case, I am glad to try a very painful full reinstall from scratch, given that I have many campaigns and have been using this product for years and have active campaigns going.
    Last edited by AKB; October 26th, 2019 at 14:06.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AKB View Post
    If you try this ruleset out, it is very unstable and easy to crash, so the implication that the CoreRPG stuff should work great assumes a level of stability that isn't there. This is why I am pointing out that while I have found work-arounds for every crash so far, this one stops me from proceeding. So this is a bug report, and unless you cannot reproduce it using the ruleset, I am not sure why you are responding other than trying to understand how to reproduce it.

Is there somewhere else to get customer support from people who have this ruleset installed and at least can determine if my bug report can be reproduced? If this is the case, I am glad to try a very painful full reinstall from scratch, given that I have many campaigns and have been using this product for years and have active campaigns going.
    Please give us step by step instruction on how to repeat the crash. With the information given so far, no one has been able to reproduce your issue.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Please give us step by step instruction on how to repeat the crash. With the information given so far, no one has been able to reproduce your issue.
    1) I don't think the OP is actually having "crashes" as we’d think of a "crash" - i.e. the app stops working completely and exits. I think the OP describes issues they’re having with functionality as "crashes".
    2) The specific issue raised in this thread is shown in post #4.
    3) To be fair, I don’t think anyone who has the Symbaroum ruleset has actually tried to reproduce this issue.

So, yes, it would be nice if FG users who have this ruleset try to reproduce the issue detailed in post #4.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi

I have that ruleset, too, but didn't use it yet. I just tested that and you're right, adding tables only works when you press "Add table by size", "Add item" does not work (one does only get an empty item which can not be edited). Also when one uses "Add table by size" and creates a table etc. then one can indeed not open this table anymore after it was closed. I do not know if the creator knows or wants the functionality of tables because all the provided tables by the ruleset are just images of the tables from the book/pdf and not tables you could roll on

There is a Symbaroum ruleset thread where you can describe your issue(s): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...baroum-Ruleset!

Have fun

EDIT: Ah, now I see that you already reported this there
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 27th, 2019 at 04:34.

Thank you Trenloe. A quick summary of this table bug and I'll also give a few actual crash bugs to be helpful, even though I can work around them for the time being. Please note that it is only because I love Fantasy Grounds and Symbaroum that I am being so persistent. I'm not intending any trolling here, and can wait for fixes for this very new ruleset:

Table Bug
    1) Install fresh version of Symbaroum with no mods of extensions selected. Load modules Symbaroum Core Rulebook, Symbaroum Core Rulebook - Player's Guide, and The Promised Land
    2) Click on Tables
    3) Click on List editing icon in the lower right of Tables list window.
    4) Use Add Table by Size widget and select 2 and = from the radial menus.
    5) Name table "A Test" and note the the usual square red draggable dragon icon to the left of the table does not show on table list, but does show on table info card.
    6) Fill the 3 fields in on table and close the table.
    7) Click on "A Test" on table list. It will not open and no icon shows, making it forever uneditable as far as I can see.
    TIP 1: If you drag the red icon from the info card to the hotkey bar you CAN use this to access the table via hotkey, so this bug seem very minor being only the lack of updating the icon and link on table list.
    TIP 2: If you use the radial menu instead of the List editing icon to add the table to start, it cannot be edited at all and doesn't look like a table.

Has Effect "crash"
    1) Fresh install as above.
    2) Add either a Trait or an Ability
    3) Add Action button.
    4) Click Has Effect regardless of what kind of action is selected.
    5) Get this text in chat box "s'hasEffectToggled: Wants effect. New node:' | databasenode = { abilities.id-00001.actions.id-00001.effect }"
    NOTE: These features are extremely powerful to add new Traits and Abilities and among the most sophisticated in any FG ruleset, but they seem to be 90% done.
    TIP: All changes to Has Effect are lost and on a related issue, when you put a roll in the main action or trait section then click Is Contested, the second value you select will not show when you open the info card again... however, it WILL retain the set value, so it does work for contest.

Actual crashes
    If necessary I will go into more detail on this, but if you copy a creature and then edit it and also apply a CUSTOM trait or ability, it is not hard to get script errors popping up that seem to corrupt the live data (no lasting data corruption found yet, but worried) so that other bugs start occurring. The can be worked around by using the process of elimination to find out what the code doesn't like and avoiding it. Again, seems at least 90% done, but the script errors make it scary to proceed with building a large campaign fearing data corruption.

Thanks in advance for any help!

@AKB - I think you referring to errors/warnings/issues as "crashes" is confusing people. As I mentioned in my previous post, computer application "crashes" for most people is when the whole application stops running - usually exiting or not-responding at all and you need to restart it. Here's some info on what most people think a "crash" is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_(computing)

So, FG not doing what's expected, raising errors, or just warnings - but still continuing to run, is not a "crash", but you referring to these as "crashes" is very confusing.

I get it, there are some issues your having. Thanks for providing details of the table issue. @Kelrugem has verified this as an issue.

If you are getting script errors, please provide actual details of the error message (you can click the "Copy to clipboard" button in the Console that displays the errors), and what you were doing when the error occurred. This information is vital to give the developer a chance to track down the error and fix it. I'm sure they'll appreciate as much information as you can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by AKB View Post
    Has Effect "crash"
    1) Fresh install as above.
    2) Add either a Trait or an Ability
    3) Add Action button.
    4) Click Has Effect regardless of what kind of action is selected.
    5) Get this text in chat box "s'hasEffectToggled: Wants effect. New node:' | databasenode = { abilities.id-00001.actions.id-00001.effect }"
    Yeah, not a "crash". And, in fact, that isn't even an error. FG "errors" are displayed in red text in the FG console window that pops up when the error occurs. Text in the chat box like that looks like debug code left in by the developer. Thanks for reporting, I'm sure the dev will check it out soon.

Thread Information