DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread: NPC Gen Engine

Thank you for your explanation. I think it seems as of right now story templates are not going to let me do what I want to. I would have like to have a table roll a npc on a story template. Then on the NPC's template have it able to generate inventory randomly. This way I can roll a shop keeper and have his/her wares change as I need them. So if the players come back and return I can just have the shops inventory change and keep the shop keeper.

I could make it work but the table for each kind of shop would get huge. And updating anything would be time consuming because instead of just changing one table that all shops call on. I would have to change every table. Also my next hurtle is the templates will not run the math formula, it instead just prints it. I could put the formula in its own table but every time you call a table the format puts it on a new line. I saw how you used the table grid. Is there a way to about the amount of items change each time? I would like there be a chance only a few items appear or a ton.

On another note I just found out the house I'm purchasing needs a new roof. YEAH. More haggling around the table about price. I'm glad I got really good help because I don't think a nat20 will do any good for me. I'm sure my realtor will just tell me I'm embarrassing him.

DeadSeaCow
    Last edited by deadseacow; October 30th, 2019 at 01:10.

For your first point you’d need a template for the shopkeeper and one for the inventory. I suppose it depends on how complicated you want of course but for the inventory you’d only need a few templates, weapons, armour, general gear etc and maybe a couple of inns and taverns.

I don’t know what kind of maths formulas you need but anything you can put in a table works on a template as far as I know, other than the $PC.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information