DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Custom Calendar Module

Hello. I am completely new to Fantasy Grounds. I wanted to add a custom calendar to my game, but I don't know anything about programming, so I was wondering if there was anyone out there who had free time and was willing to make a new calendar I could use.

I understand this is a common question, so thank you for looking at this message thread.

Blog Entries
    There is a custom calendar tutorial, I think in the workshop. I'm on my phone so cant find it, but if you do a site search it should show up, plus lots of other custom calendar examples.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I don't know the first thing about programming. It is my understanding that making a custom calendar requires an understanding of lua script. That is why I was asking if someone would be willing to make it for me.

Blog Entries
    It depends on what you want to do. I believe in that post are instructions, including the offer to make the lua for you if needed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I will search again, but the threads I found earlier were saying things like "open up this XML file and do this programming."

Here is the calendar tutorial I prepared https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...endar-Tutorial

Currently, making a calendar in FG requires at a minimum of editing in XML. And some calendars may require some programming in LUA. It depends entirely on what your calendar is like. Can you describe your calendar?
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Hi jesternario welcome to FG.

I think it would be useful if you said what calendar you hope to make since it is very possible that it already exists. So for those that could help you they would need to know how, many months there are, the number of days each month has, the length of each week and number of days in the week and when and how long any special holidays are.

It is entirely possible that an existing calendar can simply be edited with the names of your months, dats etc.

This is the tutorial that LE is referring too. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...endar-Tutorial
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

That makes sense. My calendar is a custom one I pretty much made up from scratch, so I doubt it's available anywhere.

My calendar has twelve months, consisting of four eight-day weeks.

The months are named Leon, Masta, Sela, Stelfas, Vallum, Baerun, Mann, Logsid, Zeun, Fallas, Belfas, and Zelas.

The days are Allut, Suren, Valun, Tiet, Bayo, Rosta, Vour, and Eyo.

Days are not referred to by a number, but by the week (so first Suren, or third Tiet, for example)

There are two days not on the calendar, one after Baerun and one after Zelas.

Ok. thats a pretty basic calendar, should be relatively simple do to in XML. One question, you mention the two extra days after Baerun and Zelas. how are the days handled around the extra day. For example if the 32 of Baerun is the last day of the week, Eyo, then the special day happens. what day of the week is the first day of Mann? Is it Allut, the first day of the week, or is it Suren, the second day of the week? OR, do the special days not really follow the standard week pattern, and each month just restarts on the first day of the week?
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

The first day of every month is always the first day of the week. The first day the week is Allut. I know that is unrealistic.

The extra days, called Baertols, are considered "non-days" and technically do not count as a day of a month or day of the week. Calendar-wise, it goes "4th Eyo of Baerun, Baertol, First Allut of Mann," then "4th Eyo of Zelas, Baertol, First Allut of Leon"

I have a open office worksheet I use for my not-online games, if that helps.

Thread Information