5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Thread: Map won't load

Blog Entries
    Or, if it is homebrew, the DM can delete the image from his campaign, and then ad the image/map under a new name and share that. See if that fixes the problem. And you did verify the image size right? That's is an acceptable file size and pixel size right?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It's a map from the Yawning Portal Mod. All other players can see the map.

Blog Entries
    Did you clear your player cache before joining his game. I don't see an answer that you did that. (Maybe I missed?)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I did. About 20 times so far

Still not worked. There is something definitely wrong. This is what I get after all the tricks suggested.

I just right clicked the map and chose original size. It just won't go to the proper size. It is Dungeon-Players 3 from Yawning Portal White Plume Mountain module.

toa8.JPG

The other 3 players don't get this problem, it is only me.

Here's a screen grab when I choose adjust vertical

toa9.JPG
    Last edited by spoonhead; October 22nd, 2019 at 13:44.

Couple of things:

1) post a list of all of the extensions the GM has loaded.
    2) do you have another computer you can test on?
    3) go into the <FG app data>\cache directory and delete just the directory for the campaign in question. Make sure this campaign cache directory is completely deleted. Then try again.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Can you also ask your DM to flush their database. As I noted above I have had an issue with a single map in DotMM where some of my players were able to download and see the map without issue but some were getting weirdness. Nuking the player cache did not solve the issue nor did unsharing and re-sharing the map. Only when I flushed my database and had the players also clear their cache did the problem resolve.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Couple of things:

1) post a list of all of the extensions the GM has loaded.
    2) do you have another computer you can test on?
    3) go into the <FG app data>\cache directory and delete just the directory for the campaign in question. Make sure this campaign cache directory is completely deleted. Then try again.
    I have just tested it on another computer (actually an external drive with Win10 installed) and booted with that, and have loaded the campaign, and all is good. I hope.

YP01.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Can you also ask your DM to flush their database. As I noted above I have had an issue with a single map in DotMM where some of my players were able to download and see the map without issue but some were getting weirdness. Nuking the player cache did not solve the issue nor did unsharing and re-sharing the map. Only when I flushed my database and had the players also clear their cache did the problem resolve.
    Yeah, THe DM has donne that a few times, but still the weirdness, but see my other reply where it seems to have been resolved with anther computer (kind of).

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    I have just tested it on another computer (actually an external drive with Win10 installed) and booted with that, and have loaded the campaign, and all is good. I hope.

YP01.PNG
    OK, cool. Can you try on the original computer, but do these two things:

1) Without FG running, delete just the directory with the campaign name from <FG app data>\cache - and make sure it is completely deleted.
    2) Join your GMs game, but on the "Join Game" screen use a different player name to connect. The GM will have to clear ownership of your PC.

The reason I suggest #2 is that I noticed from the cut-off screenshots that there are a lot of extensions loaded and one of these is by (or based on code by) "lokiare1". The main extension that I know of that he's written is the Window Saver extension that saves details of the window in the campaign database. This uses the player name to store data and control window opening/closing via the extension.

If joining as a different player name doesn't change anything, ask your GM to remove all but the most essential extensions. And by *essential* I mean things that you absolutely can't play without - not nice to have extensions. In theory this should actually be all extensions, but there may be some data that the GM needs to run the game that relies on the use of an extension. If you can, to test, remove all extensions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information