STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Thread: Map won't load

I've certainly done both 1 & 2 before, but no harm in trying again. Might not have time before the game starts to test without extensions, but will have a go. My GM is being very patient.

I just had this problem. Clearing the cache and rejoining worked for me.

Sorry Posted in wrong thread. Not sure how to delete my post.
    Last edited by Jingo; December 21st, 2019 at 21:50. Reason: Posted in wrong thread. Delete if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by spoofer View Post
    I just had this problem. Clearing the cache and rejoining worked for me.
    I can consistently reproduce and fix this problem. There may be other causes and there may be other fixes. But here is what I have learned. The DM can cause this problem by sharing a map, then editing the map in an art program. The process of editing the jpeg file seems to mess things up. I sometimes change up a map as the party approaches a section and I realize that I want to do things slightly differently.

The players can fix this problem by clearing their cache at the join game screen. So now if I edit the map, I just tell my players to clear their cache before joining and everything runs smoothly.

Blog Entries
    If you edit an image that you have already saved to FG, then do not change the image resolution (i.e. number of pixels). Doing so will cause problems because FG reads the number of pixels (1056 x 1820 or wehatever) when the image is first added, but does not recalulate it later on. So mask, window size etc will be messed up if you change image resolution. Also, if you edit an image after it has been shared, you will need to unshare and reshare it. Again, the image will now be in the players local cache and FG won't know to re-download it.

Or, if you do edit it, give it a new name and you won;' have a problem.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Have they tried deleting their cache? Then you remove the fog of war again?

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Thread Information