DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 34 of 42 First ... 243233343536 ... Last

Thread: 5E Enhancer

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    Notification

I've added the extension files again so feel free to download and use them with FGU as you wish.

Due to some real life changes I'm unable to continue to develop the extension.
    So I was wondering if any of you, that are able to work independently, would be interested to be added as collaborators to the project on GitHub.
    With the intent to keep it up to date and continue to develop and add to it, to make 5E in FGU the best it can be.
    Are any developers interested in carrying this forward? Seems like Stymir indicated back in August that he will no longer support/develop it.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    Are any developers interested in carrying this forward? Seems like Stymir indicated back in August that he will no longer support/develop it.
    I sent Strymir a PM with my update to flanking and I haven't received a reply yet, I saw that lazjen had made their push request and fork on github, so I thought I'd follow that in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Berwind View Post
    You can see my and Lazjen's updates within the last few pages of the thread or on our github pages.

for flanking edit:
    https://github.com/Berwind24/FG-5E-E...g/flanking.lua

for the ranged modifier edit:
    https://github.com/chrisryan10/FG-5E...ed_attacks.lua

You can also see our pull requests on the main github page for 5e-enhancer:
    https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer
    https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/...Enhancer/pulls

as well as the forks we've made for our own 5e-enhancer edits (along with anyone else that may have forked for their own edits/use):
    https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/...etwork/members (lazjen is chrisryan10, I believe.)

It just takes a bit getting used to with github navigation.
    I'm hoping Styrmir will work our amendments to the scripts into the next version, or at least approve our pull requests to get our updates in; so that future users won't have to muddle around as much.
    Guys, how do I pull an updated extension, such as the one with the ranged modifier edit, from the link? It appears to be the same file (size and versioning) of the original . Are the changes included?

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    Guys, how do I pull an updated extension, such as the one with the ranged modifier edit, from the link? It appears to be the same file (size and versioning) of the original . Are the changes included?
    The extension files under lazjen's github have not been modified as of yet, you'll need to pull the lua from the scripts folder.

You'll have to navigate to the LUA file on github, and drop it into the corresponding folder in the extension file.
    so for the ranged modifier edit, you'll navigate to: FG-5E-Enhancer/scripts/automatic_range_modifier/
    and copy the contents of ranged_attacks.lua and place it in the FG-5E-Enhancer.ext file under /scripts/automatic_range_modifier/ranged_attacks.lua to replace the contents original file (you will need to open the extension file with a program like winzip or winrar if your system cannot open .zip or .ext files).
    Last edited by Berwind; December 12th, 2020 at 18:45.

I have heard nothing on this either. Given the detailed setup on Strymir's Github, there is no way I'm going to just grab it and publish a new version.

I found some more bugs in the ranged attacks code - one was mine, but there were a number of existing issues as well.

Updated file can be found here: https://github.com/chrisryan10/FG-5E...ed_attacks.lua

Replace it in your extension using the instructions previously given in this thread.

Thanks Lazjen !

I've been getting back to D&D after a break and am not sure which files I need for this extension to work anymore. I'm getting an error that "acquireMeasureSemaphore" isn't defined, that I wasn't getting before with the version of this extension I am using. Was this a Smiteworks provided function that was deprecated (seems to be since I didn't change anything with my setup except updates via the launcher and went to run it last night and got this error)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    I've been getting back to D&D after a break and am not sure which files I need for this extension to work anymore. I'm getting an error that "acquireMeasureSemaphore" isn't defined, that I wasn't getting before with the version of this extension I am using. Was this a Smiteworks provided function that was deprecated (seems to be since I didn't change anything with my setup except updates via the launcher and went to run it last night and got this error)

Thanks!
    Use the sub extensions, then you can limit it down to which one is causing the problem.

Also are you running only these 3 exts? There might be some conflicts.

They work for me, and I use some of your exts too.

I've noticed that the option to turn off 'saving throw graphics' doesn't work, success or fail on a saving throw still covers up the token with a huge green tick or red cross symbol - which never goes away.

I've isolated and turned off the 'Saving Throw' sub extension, so I can still enjoy the other benefits of the extension.

Thread Information