STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 42 First 1234513 ... Last

Thread: 5E Enhancer

The health widget scaling is spot on for a 100x100 px grid size, but seems to go a bit off when on larger or smaller grids.
    I'll look into it more when I get some more free time.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

I haven't been active on the forums for a while now, but I logged in to see the status of FGU and to see if this extension was going to be updated for FGU. Fortunately it is! Thank you, Styrmir. I already donated, but I may have to do so again because of this.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Thank you Three of Swords, always appreciated and helps to keep me motivated!

The extension is still in its early days (hence the < 1 version number), as FGU is still in beta and not all functionality in its final form yet. Still waiting on optimization as well as currently each restart to test a few new lines of codes out takes me 1-2 minutes. Which adds up very quickly I can tell you *laughs*.

But you can see the current roadmap on the GitHub readme if you're curious.

It's the main extension I use when I play my own D&D 5E games, and the way I want to run my games. And as I will be moving all my games over to FGU at first chance I am rewriting this new privately licensed extension from scratch to take the classic ones place.

Always great to see people enjoying my work and my contributions to the community!
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; November 30th, 2019 at 13:27.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Widget scaling and placement is behaving differently in FGC and FGU. The original scaling code demonstrates the same scaling issues in FGU, while working in FGC.
    This might be a FGU bug, so I'm having to wait to see if this stabilizes with patching.

FGU token widget placement/size is based on percentage of token size. (Ie 100 = 100%; 50 = 50%)

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks Moon Wizard.

As widget.getSize() returns the pixel dimensions of the token. I had therefore assumed that bitmapwidget.setSize(x, y, [clipanchor]) did the same. The documentation wasn't quite clear on what the (number) parameters represented for that latter function.

But I've made some changes to the way the code works due to this, and now everything works at it should, many thanks!

We decided to change it in FGU, because we constantly had problems with figuring out the correct token widget sizing in FGC due to all the scaling factors (zoom, map graphic size, map grid size, token graphic size, token grid size, bitmap widget graphic size).

By specifying a percentage size, it gives the final widget size a reference point not based on graphic sizes.

Regards,
    JPG

That makes sense to me, sounds like a much better way to do it.

New version released v0.5.0

v0.5.0 (December 29th, 2019)
    - Rewrote range finding code. It will now be the same as the range on the target arrow, as long as both tokens are inside a grid box. (scripts/automatic_range_modifier/range_finder.lua: getRange | scripts/ranged_attack_modifier.lua: getRangeModifier5e)
    - Some changes to output text for ranged attacks. (scripts/ranged_attack_modifier.lua: getRangeModifier5e)
    - Token health widget scaling for different grid and actor sizes fixed. Uses CT actor size descriptor text (tiny/small/medium/large/huge/gargantuan) to determine horizontal health bar width. (scripts/health_graphics.lua)

New version released v0.6.0

v0.6.0 (January, 4th, 2020)
    - When an effect is dropped on a target in the CT or on a CT linked token on the map. If that target already has that effect, then it is removed from the target instead. (scripts/token_effects_handler.lua, scripts/helper_functions.lua)
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; January 4th, 2020 at 20:23.

Thread Information