FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 21 of 42 First ... 11192021222331 ... Last

Thread: 5E Enhancer

Make sure you use the standard range rules, the RAW one's don't work properly, I'm getting some strange readings there myself, I'll probably remove them in a later version.
    Testing with the standard rules returns a ranged attack in melee range at all angles when within the 5' range, including 45 degrees as in the picture you submitted.

That aside if it still doesn't work for you, you can turn off automatic range modifiers in the menu items.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; May 29th, 2020 at 16:29.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Hey Styrmir,
    First, thanks so much for your work on this extension. My players and I love it.

I'm running into a couple of issues though.

Issue 1: A character with Crossbow Expert rolls their attack with disadvantage when engaged with a hostile token.
    Are you using Fantasy Grounds Unity? Yes
    Is your FG software up to date? Yes
    Do you have the latest version of the extensions installed? Yes
    Please post the console error printout here:
    [5/31/2020 7:41:39 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-05-20)
    [5/31/2020 7:41:39 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [5/31/2020 7:41:46 PM] Starting cloud server mode. [Bercilak]
    [5/31/2020 7:41:49 PM] Game server started. [68.183.117.123:53751]
    [5/31/2020 7:41:49 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
    [5/31/2020 7:41:49 PM] Match successfully created on lobby.
    [5/31/2020 7:41:49 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
    [5/31/2020 7:42:03 PM] Loaded FreeType library version 2.10.2
    [5/31/2020 7:42:18 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
    [5/31/2020 7:42:18 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.
    [5/31/2020 7:42:18 PM] [WARNING] Frame dicetower_normal contains out-of-range values in Middle.
    [5/31/2020 7:42:19 PM] RULESET: 5E ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [5/31/2020 7:42:19 PM] RULESET: CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [5/31/2020 7:42:19 PM] EXTENSION: Dungeons & Dragons Language Fonts (FR) v1.0\rfor Fantasy Grounds\rCopyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC.\rD&D Copyright 2015 Wizards of the Coast LLC.
    [5/31/2020 7:42:19 PM] EXTENSION: Dungeons & Dragons Theme v1.0\rfor Fantasy Grounds\rCopyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC.\rD&D Copyright 2015 Wizards of the Coast LLC.
    [5/31/2020 7:42:19 PM] EXTENSION: Dungeons & Dragons, D&D, Wizards of the Coast, their respective logos, the dragon ampersand, all Wizards titles, the fifth edition rules, and Wizards' character names and distinctive likenesses are property and copyright of Wizards of the Coast LLC in the USA and other countries. Used with permission.
    [5/31/2020 7:42:19 PM] EXTENSION: 5E Enhancer v0.10.1
    [5/31/2020 7:44:12 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
    [5/31/2020 7:44:25 PM] s'Precise range of attack: ' | #3
    [5/31/2020 7:44:25 PM] s'ranged attack in melee range'

If you create a new (clean) campaign, with ONLY the 5E Enhancer extensions enabled, does the error still occur? Yes
    Can you recreate the error consistently? Yes.
    What are the precise steps to recreating the error? PC's token is engaged on the map with a hostile token. Player drags PC's attack throw onto engaged target.
    Does this always happen? Yes
    Does this only happen when using a specific module, map, NPC, PC, weapon, etc.? Happens on multiple maps. Only 1 PC has the Crossbow Expert feat. Dungeon of the Mad Mage is the adventure module we are playing. But in a clean campaign with only Combat Enhancer and the PHB loaded, the same effects occur.
    Do you have a screenshot you could share?
    Crossbow Expert.JPG
    Any further information that could help to replicate and trace the error? Not that I know of.

And here's Issue 2: Giant Spider's attacks read as out of range
    Please post the console error printout here: (clipped to new errors)
    [5/31/2020 7:47:19 PM] Campaign saved.
    [5/31/2020 7:51:58 PM] s'Precise range of attack: ' | #8
    [5/31/2020 7:51:58 PM] s'ranged attack outside max range'
    [5/31/2020 7:52:20 PM] Campaign saved.

If you create a new (clean) campaign, with ONLY the 5E Enhancer extensions enabled, does the error still occur? Yes
    Can you recreate the error consistently? Yes
    What are the precise steps to recreating the error? Using the Giant Spider's web attack returns an out of range result, even when within range.
    Does this always happen? Yes
    Does this only happen when using a specific module, map, NPC, PC, weapon, etc.? No
    Do you have a screenshot you could share?
    Giant spider.JPG
    Any further information that could help to replicate and trace the error? Not that I know of.

I know you have other stuff going on in your life, so no hurries, and I appreciate your time in even glancing at this stuff. It's most likely a user error of sorts.
    Thanks again!
    --Berc

Thank you for the complete bug reports Bercilak, I'll add them to the list and take a look when I can. : )

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

New version release!

v0.10.2 (1st Jun, 2020)

- Removed RAW option for automatic range finding as it wasn't working properly.
    - Increased amount of abilities limit when checking for feats on PC's.
    - Ranged attacks in melee for PC's with the Crossbow feat were rolling at a disadvantage. Fixed.
    - Special NPC attacks including a recharge were differently named in DB entry name compared to CT parsed attack name. Added additional lua string pattern matching to DB entry name comparison to overcome this. Now works. ps. Rolling the same attack from the NPC window would work as name correlated to the DB entry then.
    - Underlay switching to active actor (for DM) when turned on was not working. Fixed.
    - The 'Token underlay opacity' menu setting will now also affect the opacity of underlays drawn using the 'Show faction/underlay' menu option instead of 'Underlay switching for active actor...' menu option.

Sub-extensions added!

### Installing (optional individual sub-extensions)

Parts of the whole extensions functionality has been cropped out into smaller sub-extensions.
    So if you don't want to use the whole extension but want some of its functionality, then you can download any or all of these for use with FG, and use them individually instead.

Special thanks to ScriedRaven on the FG forums who contributed these to the project from the original code, and fall under the original private license.

ps. These extensions are not officially supported, only the main extension is.

To install sub-extensions:

1) Open the folder "- Extension files (sub-extensions)"

2) Copy any or all of these .ext files to your extension folder (example: Fantasy Grounds\Data\extensions\ [place file here] ).

3) Enable the extensions for your campaign in Fantasy Grounds.

Conflicts: Flanking works on it's own, but conflicts with the wounds extension.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; June 1st, 2020 at 21:04.

That was ridiculously fast for "take a look when I can"! Thank you!
    --Berc

Enjoy the extension.

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but this plugin (which is AWESOME, BTW), seems to turn off functionality in DiabloBob and Rob Twohy's Critically Awesome Essentials. Specifically, the spell icon functionality. Without this extension active, CAE works as per usual. With this extension, the bottom line in the image below is gone:

DM Tools.png

Styrmir, do you have any idea what could have gotten borked in my build that would make the clear saves map toolbar icon(s) go away? I get the save check marks and Xs, but then they are permanent, as that clear button is now missing. I'm only running this extension, nothing else, and it's happening in all of my games now. I've tried using several versions of the extension but the problem keeps existing, so I think it's something with my system, but I don't have a clue what it could be.

Thanks bunches

Jack, unfortunately this extension isn't compatible with CAE

Batman, in the current build of 5e Enhancer there isn't a toolbar for clearing saves. From what I can go back and see it doesn't seem like it ever had it. The current way to clear saves is to type /dsave into the chat window.

Wow, then I was just remembering from the other one and never did have it! lol, that is both sad I didn't realize it, and very helpful because I was going mad trying to make it appear.

Thanks bunches!

Thread Information