5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 17 of 42 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last

Thread: 5E Enhancer

Hi again.

One more item.
    Without 5E Enhancer I can drag two effects with the same title onto a PC

effect pic 1.png

With 5E Enhancer enabled I can drag the first one and it takes, but if I drag the second it is ignored.

effect pic 2.png

With 5E enabled if I alter the title of the second then I can attach it to the character.

effect pic 3.png

I believe the 5E enhancer effect drop code should be examining the entire text of the effect when it is looking for an existing duplicate effect and not just the title.
    That way it will not introduce a new effect application constraint that should not be there and that makes other mods fail.

@webdove
    Out of range attacks will be reported in the chat, but it does not cancel the roll. In other more technical terms it injects a modifier into the pipeline but does not override the roll process itself. This should work equally for ranged weapon attacks and spells.
    I'll consider changing the effects manager, having said that it has worked very well for all games I've used it with so far the way it now works.
    Not having unique names for effects is a personal choice. What I'd suggest is to add both effects to one effect instead of adding two separate ones each time. You can add multiple effects by separating with ';'.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Good Day Styrmir
    Is there a way to put more emphasis on the OUT OF RANGE message in the chat window? Currently it just kind of blends in to my old eyes

Thanks for all you hard work you put in to your extensions!!

Thanks Bonkon, glad you're enjoying the extension.

I agree that it can kind of blends in and can be missed. I had some look into it, reading some docs and forum posts, alas I could not find a way to edit a part of a strings color.
    There is the option to output chat messages from different fonts (types, sizes, colours etc.) but that wouldn't be the ideal solution. It would require sending two separate text strings, thus taking up more text space and having the potential of being a bit cluttering and messy.

I seem to recall having seen some extension a while back doing something similar though, with differently coloured inline text. I might be wrong. If anyone knows which one it is, I could gleam at it and see if a similar solution would work here.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    @webdove
    Out of range attacks will be reported in the chat, but it does not cancel the roll. In other more technical terms it injects a modifier into the pipeline but does not override the roll process itself. This should work equally for ranged weapon attacks and spells.
    I'll consider changing the effects manager, having said that it has worked very well for all games I've used it with so far the way it now works.
    Not having unique names for effects is a personal choice. What I'd suggest is to add both effects to one effect instead of adding two separate ones each time. You can add multiple effects by separating with ';'.
    That sounds reasonable. What broke was the 5e class effects mod (because of duplicate names) so it it was not something that we wrote.

Bug Report - Console Error when dragging factions from Combat Tracker onto map

Are you using Fantasy Grounds Unity? Fantasy Grounds Classic
    Is your FG software up to date? Yes

Do you have the latest version of the extensions installed? 5E Enhancer v0.9.1

Please post the console error printout here:
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:1298: attempt to call field 'isClientFGU' (a nil value)

If you create a new (clean) campaign, with ONLY the 5E Enhancer extensions enabled, does the error still occur? Yes

Can you recreate the error consistently? Yes

What are the precise steps to recreating the error?
    Preparation: Have PCs, and at least one Map. Map should be gridded. I used BattleMap01 from the FG Battlemaps module.
    Add PCs to Combat Tracker.
    Open Map
    Drag all PCs onto the combat tracker using the Faction Group button at the bottom. Console Error occurs.
    I did a quick screen recording showing what happens, and talking through it:
    https://youtu.be/QkKP2_wGhCw

Does this always happen? Yes

Does this only happen when using a specific module, map, NPC, PC, weapon, etc.? Any PC/NPC/etc

Do you have a screenshot you could share? see video.

@dmahogony

This extension only works and is supported on FGU, as is written on the first post.
    If you're using FGC use the 5E Combat Enhancer Classic linked in my footer.

Thanks for filling in the bug report as that helps to clear up these sort of misunderstandings quickly.

Looks like a great extension.

I followed the install guide and picture diagram...
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...5&d=1561510148

The ext shows up in the optional extensions area. The tokens show in the game in the token host area. But the extension itself is greyed out, does this mean I messed something up with the install?

Faded Ext.png

Edited. I am using classic which I ust noticed is the extension in your footer =D

Hi Valekk,
    You also need the token helper extension installed and activated for the combat enhancer to work.

https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/...oken-Helper-5E

Hope this helps.

Stv.

Thanks Stv, seems to be working now!

Thread Information