5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... Last

Thread: 5E Enhancer

5E Enhancer

5E Enhancer

Current Version: v0.10.1.

An extension I'm writing to improve D&D 5E in Fantasy Grounds Unity.

Design Goals

A rewritten minimalist streamlined version of the original 5E Combat Enhancer Classic including a number of broader ranged improvements for playing 5E, written for Fantasy Grounds Unity.

This extension is not intended for backwards compatibility with FGC. While some features may work, others may not or not as intended. There is no testing done or support for its use in FGC.

While one of the design goals is to have a small as possible footprint. This extension is very large and complex, and therefore touches on numerous functionalities.
    I am not able to put extra work into making sure it is compatible with other extensions, doing so would become an endless task and the extension already does and has taken countless of hours to develop.

Licensing

This product (extension) and code is privately licensed and belongs to myself only, and I reserve all the rights, including the right to pull this product at any time.
    It is only distributed via my GitHub page, where you are currently free to download and use it with your games in Fantasy Grounds.

While there are no immediate plans to remove this extension from free usage. I am placing this here to protect my rights and so its usage and the circumstances of its distribution are transparent.

Detailed licensing on the GitHub page and/or in the extension.

Status

Not under active development.

Due to some real life changes I'm unable to continue to develop the extension.
    If any of you, that are able to work independently, would be interested to be added as collaborators to the project on GitHub.
    With the intent to keep it up to date and continue to develop and add to it, to make 5E in FGU the best it can be.
    Then send me a PM and I'll get you set up.

Installing

GitHub link: https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer

1) Open the folder "Extension files (complete extension)" to download the latest version of the complete extension.
    Or one of the its sub-extensions from here "Extension files (sub-extensions)" folder.

2) Copy the extension file/s to your extension folder (example: Fantasy Grounds Unity\Data\extensions\ [place file here] ).

3) Enable the '5E Enhancer v?_?_?' extension/s for your campaign in Fantasy Grounds.

Helping Out / Supporting

I've spent countless hours working on and writing the code used in this extension, since the start of its independent precursor the 5E Combat Enhancer Classic in December of 2018.

If you enjoy the extension and would like to show your appreciation or support future development of it. There's a couple of things you could do.

1) It would help me a lot if you "starred" the GitHub project by clicking the star to the right of the project name on the GitHub page of the project.

2)
    If you would like to send me a donation or contribution for my work on this extensions. Here is a direct PayPal link that you can use to buy me a beer, meal or something of the sort.
    https://www.paypal.me/StyrmirDonationBox

Last edited by StoryWeaver; August 4th, 2020 at 01:25.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

If you want to report a bug then please use this template.

Bug Report

Are you using Fantasy Grounds Unity? (I only support FGU with this extension. If you're using FG classic I'll refer you to the finalized version of my 5E Combat Enhancer extension instead.)

Is your FG software up to date?

Do you have the latest version of the extensions installed? (You can see the most up to date version number in the first post on page 1, the version number is printed in FG on start in the chat.)

Please post the console error printout here:
    (This is the error log window text. It can be opened by typing '/console' in the FG text window if it didn't open by itself. Also if there are no output errors, state that here.)

If you create a new (clean) campaign, with ONLY the 5E Enhancer extensions enabled, does the error still occur?

Can you recreate the error consistently?

What are the precise steps to recreating the error?

Does this always happen?

Does this only happen when using a specific module, map, NPC, PC, weapon, etc.?
    (The more in depth information on which these are the better.)

Do you have a screenshot you could share?

Any further information that could help to replicate and trace the error?

Last edited by StoryWeaver; February 2nd, 2020 at 18:59.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Menu Options '5E Enhancer, Battle Map Settings'

- Actor health widget conditions: Enable widgets on tokens that indicate their health, such as blood skulls.
    - Automatic range modifiers: Enable range messages and automatic disadvantage on long ranges.
    - Blood on tokens: Draw blood marks on tokens as their health deteriorates.
    - Blood pools on death: Draw blood pools underneath tokens on death.
    - Horizontal health bars: Enable horizontal health bars over tokens. 5 options available: Off | Left aligned, default height | Left aligned, taller | Centered, default height | Centered, taller.
    - Larger health dots: Enable larger health dots for tokens. 3 options available: FGU Default size | Larger | Largest.
    - Lock token rotation to Alt + Mouse Wheel: With this enabled the tokens only rotate if you're holding down the alt button while scrolling the mouse wheel over them.
    - Range rules to use: Select how to calculate ranges for automatic range modifiers. Standard, the default recommended. Actual pixel distance between the edges of the boxes surrounding the tokens divided by 5 for the width of the hexes you've set. RAW, rules as written, not tested fully.
    Ranged in melee modifier (for medium sizes and smaller only): When enabled it adds a disadvantage for ranged attacks while there is an active enemy in melee range, if the attacker does not have the crossbow feat.
    - Saving throw graphics: Adds saving grapical indicators for if a target succeeds of fails a saving throw. (use '/dsave' in the chat to delete these markers afterwards)
    - Show faction/space underlay: Shows or hides the underlay added for tokens faction (friend/foe/neutral)
    - Skipt CT actors that haven't rolled initiative: When enabled the CT will skip entries in the CT, without rolled initiatives or initiatives of 0, when the Next Actor / End Turn button is pressed.
    - Skull or cross on actor death: Select the graphic to display on a token on your map when the actor drops to 0 hp's. Actor health widgets need to be enabled.
    - Token deletion button combination: Select the button and mouse button combination to use for deleting tokens from the map and the CT. Added for mac users as it was easy to accidentally delete tokens with the default PC configuration.
    - Token height font size: Determines the size of the fonts to use when drawing height widgets on tokens.
    - Token underlay for CT active actor (DM only): Draws only the underlay of the active token on the map, clears all others. Re-add tokens to refresh. While this option is on it will remove all underlays and reach drawings for all tokens. Only the active token will get an underlay to highlight them for the DM.
    - Token underlay opacity (DM only): Select the opacity of token underlays.
    - Token underlay size (DM only): Select the size of the token underlay to draw.
    - Use flanking rules (for medium sizes and smaller only): If enabled automatically adds the modifier you select to flanking attacks to mediums sized and smaller targets. Also considers height differences of the tokens.

Menu Options '
    5E Enhancer, Window Resizing'

- New menu options that enable you to change your default window sizes for a lot of different types.

Chat Macro Commands

- /dsave : delete save graphics from all tokens
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; June 1st, 2020 at 19:55.

Features, Combat

- Delete tokens from map and CT with single mouse click.
    Alt + left mouse-click on token on map, deletes the token from the map.
    Alt + Ctrl + left mouse-click on token on map, deletes the token from the map and from the CT.
    - Add height widget to a token (DM only).
    Shift + mouse Scroll on top of token.

- Horizontal health bars, lightly transparent. Toggable in menu. Select health for tokens to be displayed as bars, select 'Combat Enhancer 5E > Horizontal health bars > On'. Add token from CT for new health bar.

- Larger health dot graphics for tokens. Toggable in menu. Add token from CT for new health dot.

- Automatic range finding from ranged attack. Toggable in menu. Disadvantage for medium to max range added automatically, sharpshooter feat negates this. Message output to chat.

- 'Reach underlay' and 'Faction/space underlay' made as toggle switches in the menu items. Re-add tokens to update.
    - Active actor on CT token underlay made as toggle switches in the menu items. Clears all other underlays than the current actor.

- When an effect is dropped on a target in the CT or on a CT linked token on the map. If that target already has that effect, then it is removed from the target instead.
    - Changeable opacity underlay for active actor. Controllable by menu item.
    - Size of active actor underlay either full or half reach. Controllable by menu item.
    - Blood splatters on token when taking damage. Controllable by menu item.
    - Blood pools on tokens on death. Controllable by menu item.
    - Add X or skull or no graphics onto token on death. Controllable by menu item.

Last edited by StoryWeaver; May 24th, 2020 at 16:16.

Features, Interface

- Content Share, allows you and your players to right click on spells, character feats, features and traits and post the descriptive text directly to the chat text by selecting the new 'Post Text in Chat' menu option at the bottom.

- New menu options in your settings, under '5E Enhancer, Window Resizing'.
    Set as default window sizes on activation. But you can enable larger windows for any or all windows from the window menu.
    Resizes windows on the fly to whatever setting you choose.
    You can return to the default window sizes at any time.
    If a window has been resized manually and is therefore in the 'windowstate.xml' file of your campaign, that takes precedence over the extension. This enables you to manually configure any windows you'd like.

Last edited by StoryWeaver; October 24th, 2019 at 18:45.

[reserved]
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; October 17th, 2019 at 16:13.

[reserved]
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; October 17th, 2019 at 16:14.

[reserved]

[reserved]

[reserved]

Thread Information