5E Character Create Playlist

Managing two separate groups

Hi all,

Hoping for some advice again.

I have two groups, that will play in the same world I have created, but with different stories/agendas etc, Ideally, as I develop world, I would like to draw on the notes from both groups as the world grows

How do I best handle this?

I was thinking over two campaigns likely, but I have done a lot of work with sounds/syrinscape and written effects and world information, that I would wish I didnt have to redo for a second campaign.

I like the idea of a persistant combat tracker, cos sometimes we gotta leave halfway in a game. Now the other group might play before the first again. Meaning I would need to undo the combat tracker.

How is this best solved, you think? Should I just do the work and add everything to a second campaign? Thing about that is that everything created isn't visible, in the other campaign.

What i am doing is growing a world, kinda, and would like to have it all available at all times with several groups developing it.

Thank you all in advance.

Do all the work on the data in a "module making campaign" which no players will ever connect to, then export that data into a module.

Run two separate campaigns for your group and load the module you created/update in your "module making" campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

ah, so rather than viewing the worlddata as the persistant factor, I should set up two campaigns, and move the data back and forth, between them as it develops.

Ok.

So from where I stand right now, campaign 1, should be my "module maker", for the least amount of work.

I should start two new campaigns 2 and 3 for actual gameplay.

So, how do I make a module, I ask, I'll go google that, I am certain extensive knowledge of that is written already I am certain I might be back for more advice here.

If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks.

Just did this and on the surface I see only two things that is a "problem", that maybe can be fixed. I will definatly be doing it like this, regardless of my issues.

Firstly, Chatsound and Autosound followed nicely, but the other soundstrings seem to be left out. Is there a way to mend that? Am I in for a manual job here, over all campaigns? I use a lot of these and often on the fly, as I feel it fits, so not having them is not an option.

Second, I tend to save a lot of world information in "notes", but it doesnt look like there is a way to export them. Found that odd, since its just easy files really , not unlike story? I guess I can get around this easily enough, by adding my persistant notes in story, but I prefer it as I have it

Anyways, thanks for your help!

I can't tell you about the sound thing, except that you can export sounds as far as I know.

Notes are for players - not for the DM and so they don't export. Your solution is indeed to add story entries rather than notes.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Mardragon7 View Post
    Firstly, Chatsound and Autosound followed nicely, but the other soundstrings seem to be left out. Is there a way to mend that? Am I in for a manual job here, over all campaigns? I use a lot of these and often on the fly, as I feel it fits, so not having them is not an option.
    Check the documentation for the extension - Dulux is very good at documenting things!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ound-Extension

In the DOE_Sound_Manual.mod Dulux mentions:
    SoundLinks cannot be exported to Modules as stand-alone links or as attachments to other, non-DOE records as this breaks the linkages and the SoundLinks will not work. No error message is displayed when this happens (indeed, no error has occurred within Fantasy Grounds itself, just in the linkages). However, MiniBoards, Autosounds and Chatsounds and their accompanying SoundLinks, plus SoundLinks on DOE records (such as on DOE: Location and DOE: Organisation records) can all be Exported successfully.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks.

Then it is a manual job indeed. Time to get to work with copying over my notes and the strings!

Cheers all*bows*

Quote Originally Posted by Mardragon7 View Post
    Then it is a manual job indeed. Time to get to work with copying over my notes and the strings!
    I'm not sure if it will work for you, but you might be able to ease the process by creating some Mini-boards in your module making campaign and export those for quick access to frequently used soundlinks - which you can attach to other record in the module too.

Fantastic. This helps a lot! If I sort the miniboards into letters, I won't miss the searchfield much either. Hadn't looked at miniboards before.

Thanks

Thread Information