DICE PACKS BUNDLE

No matter how much prep, there can always be something ;(

So I've been planning to run I6: Ravenloft during the month of October for my group and last night was to be the first night of the 4 games.

I'd found various audio files to play at various points, line up some quickstart notes and even sorted out the Fortunes so that it was all just up to the players exploration.

FG launched, OBS loaded (streaming tool), Syrinscape, VLC and Cleanfeed all running for audio... and then my screen flickered, graphic artifacts began to appear... then the dreaded blue screen that I've not seen in probably 10-15 years BOOM.

Frustrated I restarted, started to get things back up and running and boom again before I got everything else loaded.

I sadly cancelled the game with promises next week would be different.

After a hour or so of debugging it turned out that my video card (evga 1080) decided to die. Fortunately it's still under warranty so got the RMA process rolling but in the meantime I had already installed my old card for now.

My groupmates were understanding and looking forward to our next game. I hated that it happened but such is life. Really happy I play who I play with, they are great.

Morale of the story, buy 2 pcs so you have a fall back! Not really, just know... sh*t happens
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Better luck next time! My firewall decided to stop port forwarding for FG a few weeks ago. We still played a short session, but it was frustrating...

Buy 2? I have two computers in nearly every room. My office has like a dozen.

Sorry to hear about your problems...

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Buy 2? I have two computers in nearly every room. My office has like a dozen.
    I do have 2 desktops (2nd desktop is where I stole the video card from), 1 server (esxi, running 3 virtual windows systems and 4 *nix) and 2 laptops in my office but none of them are setup for my VTT sessions. No way I could cope with a laptop tiny monitor in any case. Someday I need to get an updated laptop that has the new thunderbolt connections and then I could probably do it.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Sorry to hear about this ordeal!
    So far I have had to deal with bad or no internet or hotel networks and grumpy firewalls. For the first one I have tethering via phone and for the second I am keeping small linux box in Azure for port redirection via SSH.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Technology keeps indroducing simplicity to our lives, so many benefits if it all works!

Thread Information