DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AAWGAMES View Post
    They show no tokens until added to the combat tracker, after which I see only the plain "letter tokens" i.e. "M" for mephit but no picture/image on the token.
    Ok, so I didn't realise you were specifically talking about Unity (i tested in Classic last night and it works there). There does seem to be an issue with tokens and random encounters in Unity. I'll let the devs know.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    When you open the NPC from the NPC list, does it have a token?
    I tested the random encounters.
    Let's say I end up with BASILISK.
    OK, I click the button to add this to the combat tracker. It has a "B" token.
    If I go to NPCs and open BASILISK, it has an image as the token.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by AAWGAMES; November 5th, 2020 at 21:10.

Sorry wrong screenshot :P
    Here's the one I meant to attach.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AAWGAMES View Post
    I tested the random encounters.
    Let's say I end up with BASILISK.
    OK, I click the button to add this to the combat tracker. It has a "B" token.
    If I go to NPCs and open BASILISK, it has an image as the token.

Any ideas?
    See post #11
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

OH SHOOT! Sorry!
    Don't know why I didn't get that one. Somehow missed it. My bad.
    Thank you for all your help and hard work!
    ~Jonathan

I found the issue; and it will be resolved in the next release of FGU.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi,

I still don't understand. Or well I do understand that you have to post output to "Chat" in order to generate the random encounter from a table then click the link in chat and then generate the encounter.

But what does the option to direct output to "Enc" do then? Since nothing happens. Is it supposed to work that way or not work at all?

I liked how it was described in the "tables tutorial" but from what I understand it no longer works that way, specifying number of creatures in the table you create instead of in the encounter itself. Or did it never work the way I interpret it should?

Basically there are two ways to create random encounters. The first way is to use a table and specify the creatures in the table and use a multiplier to determine the number. In that case you output to an encounter and it creates the encounter for you from the table. The other method is to create the random encounters and then link those to the table and get the table to generate an output to chat or story with a link to the encounter. The latter was chosen for Xanathar's guide since in many cases what was output wasn't an encounter with NPCs but rather something else which wasn't an encounter. If the tables had been drawn up using the first method then you would have produced errors when the table rolled something that wasn't an encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Basically there are two ways to create random encounters. The first way is to use a table and specify the creatures in the table and use a multiplier to determine the number. In that case you output to an encounter and it creates the encounter for you from the table. The other method is to create the random encounters and then link those to the table and get the table to generate an output to chat or story with a link to the encounter. The latter was chosen for Xanathar's guide since in many cases what was output wasn't an encounter with NPCs but rather something else which wasn't an encounter. If the tables had been drawn up using the first method then you would have produced errors when the table rolled something that wasn't an encounter.
    Ahh I think I understand now. I guess or hope a multicolumn table would work for that if I want several different creature types in the encounter. Thanks! Anyways purchased https://www.dmsguild.com/product/333...nter-Generator which I hope will help out a bit.

Thread Information