STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    error extension.png

The problem repeat in all character sheets on my campaign, action tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    A note to people using this extension - it copies the whole Attack manager script into the extension. Release 7 (I'm hoping will come out tomorrow) has a lot of changes in that script - so this extension will have to be updated, otherwise a lot of the new conditions won't work correctly for attacks.
    That is the downside of extension making from what I can see, at least I have not seen another way to do it. This is my first though

I
    n the action tab, all character sheets broken in the scripts, i remove the extension and the problem is solved.
    I am not having issues with the character sheets, I would be interesting in what errors you are seeing

Quote Originally Posted by hehaub View Post
    That is the downside of extension making from what I can see, at least I have not seen another way to do it. This is my first though

I
    I am not having issues with the character sheets, I would be interesting in what errors you are seeing
    Look my error uploaderror extension.png

Quote Originally Posted by phillipehugo View Post
    error extension.png

The problem repeat in all character sheets on my campaign, action tab.
    That's not telling us when the error occurs - what action you do that causes the error. Like I mentioned, this only happens when you roll an attack, right?

Open the combat tracker before you roll.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You can minimize the impact by overriding only the ActionAttack functions that you've changed. This won't make it 100% change proof, but might minimize the possibility of ruleset changes breaking the extension.

Unfortunately (probably fortunately for most users) I plan on doing a lot of ruleset changes over the coming months, so the chances of extensions breaking and needing fairly regular updating will be high. Sorry.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by phillipehugo View Post
    Look my error uploaderror extension.png
    I can duplicate that if I open a char and use the attack as DM before I open the CT and use the buttons. I will look deeper into it.
    That appears to be the issue. It is not initializing the buttons in the window until the window has been opened. So, I will have to look
    for a way to initialize those.
    As a workaround until I get a fix in place you can open the CT first, as this only affects the GM, the players will not see the error.
    Last edited by hehaub; October 15th, 2019 at 04:36.

You can minimize the impact by overriding only the ActionAttack functions that you've changed. This won't make it 100% change proof, but might minimize the possibility of ruleset changes breaking the extension.

Unfortunately (probably fortunately for most users) I plan on doing a lot of ruleset changes over the coming months, so the chances of extensions breaking and needing fairly regular updating will be high. Sorry.
    I look forward to the updates, so no complaints from me!
    Now that I have figured out how to make it flow better I might go back and look and see it that might be possible to take a section, I am not sure with the way it ties into all the modifer code it will though

I can duplicate that if I open a char and use the attack as DM before I open the CT and use the buttons. I will look deeper into it.
    That appears to be the issue. It is not initializing the buttons in the window until the window has been opened. So, I will have to look
    As a workaround until I get a fix in place you can open the CT first, as this only affects the GM, the players will not see the error.
    Thanks brother!

You won't be able to initialize them without the window being open as the windowinstance container isn't there.

But, you don't really need to initialize them, you just need to check to see if the window exists.

Try the following:

Code:
    if User.isHost() then
    	if rRoll.sType == "attack" then
    		buttonWindow = Interface.findWindow("combattracker_host","combattracker");
    		if buttonWindow ~= nil then		
    			buttonWindow["ATT_MULTI_2"].setValue(0);
    			buttonWindow["ATT_MULTI_3"].setValue(0);
    		end
    	end
    end
    This only tries to access the attack buttons if the window instance exists (isn't nil).

You won't be able to initialize them without the window being open as the windowinstance container isn't there.

But, you don't really need to initialize them, you just need to check to see if the window exists.

Try the following:

Code:
    if User.isHost() then
    	if rRoll.sType == "attack" then
    		buttonWindow = Interface.findWindow("combattracker_host","combattracker");
    		if buttonWindow ~= nil then		
    			buttonWindow["ATT_MULTI_2"].setValue(0);
    			buttonWindow["ATT_MULTI_3"].setValue(0);
    		end
    	end
    end
    This only tries to access the attack buttons if the window instance exists (isn't nil).
    Good call, this is why they pay you the big bucks!
    Thanks for the assist

Thread Information