DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

First Session with my Crew

I ran my first full session with FG yesterday and it went pretty well. We are starting Paizo's Skull and Shackles. We all had a great time and the players were very patient as I fumbled my way around using a new tool at the table.

Impressions:

The Tables were amazing. Having a quick and readily available way to determine daily tasks made tings very smooth.
    Embedded links to images that can be shared with the players in a couple of clicks really added to the experience. This made the pirate NPCs really come to life.
    Encounters pre-created and everything in place on the maps got the players from tedious pirate tasks to ARGHHHHH!!! FIGHT!!!! smoothly.

The only things that I found tough was the lack of a search function. As I closed windows, it was tough to get back to them mid game. There were a couple of moments where I had to say "Hold on a minute, I am having a hard time finding that page again".

All in all. I'm very happy with my purchases and expect to continue using FG for a very long time.

Search function , please!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

Did you have a try at using the slot bar? You can use it and have easy access to any page you want
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

You can search in the Reference Manual.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am familiar with the Slot Bar. That works really well if you know a word in the title of the page you are looking for. However, if I don't remember the title but know that the section involved dire rats, I can't search on that.

It's not a huge deal and will probably become even less of an issue for me as I get more familiar with the interface.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

Blog Entries
    You can search the ref manual for "dire rat". But you have to expand the sections first.

Not sure if the wishlist has a search enhancement idea, but you can always add your wants there

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You can search the ref manual for "dire rat". But you have to expand the sections first.
    You don't have to do this anymore. At least not in the testing I've done...

Also, it relies on the module author putting keywords in the refman XML. PAR5E will do this automatically, if the refman is being developed outside of PAR5E then it may not have many keywords, or maybe might not have any!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Good Day Mhossom
    If it is a window you think you might want again soon you can right click and minimize it (Right click and select Minimize) and just drag and drop the small icon where ever you want to park it until needed

Blog Entries
    I always like to spend a few minutes prepping my campaign before each session. I open up all the stuff I think I will need and then I drag links to those items down to spots on the hotkey bar. I can safely close them in game when not needed and then pull them up again as they are requested. When I don't need them ever again, I replace them with something else or right-click and clear the hotkey bar slot.

In case you didn't know, you can pop pages out of the reference manual and link to those directly. It's the equivalent of tearing a page out of the book and filing it.

Hotkeys are perhaps the most brilliant part of FG. I give my players a link to the conditions page and insist (DEMAND!) that they drag it to a hotkey. Don't ask me what grappled means, lest I decide to be creative and make something up.

And if you're using Pathfinder Second Edition you can even drag modifier buttons to the HotKey bar. Ah-maze-ing!

Thread Information