DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Had D&D again, fantasy grounds is still very broken

Haven't found anything that works. Everything randomly fails to download. Restarting the client will sometimes load different images -- sometimes tokens work, sometimes not. Sometimes maps work, sometimes not. The console is 4000 lines of download errors over about 2 hours of play. It's not any one module that is the cause any no changes have had any significant impact on how much content loads. It's just random! All players are affected, it's barely playable at all now. rip

Rotating tokens in a map sometimes makes them reappear!

The masks that show the map don't load and the DM has to unmask the map every time a map is opened. Even if you just close a map and open it again. It wasn't like this before.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by radgh; November 2nd, 2019 at 18:53.

The console log shows all errors downloading from/connecting to the host.

As more than one player is having the issue then this will more than likely be an issue on the GMs side. We really need the GM to take part in this thread so that we can get a better idea of their Internet connection setup and get them to do some troubleshooting.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

My guess is that there is something on the GM side that is intercepting or blocking HTTP requests to the GM machine. The GM server has an custom HTTP request handler that works over the GM server port to allow multiple files to be downloaded at once.

I would look at any settings for throttling/QoS/filtering in both any security software on GM machine as well as the GM's router.

Regards,
    JPG

I started having the same issue about 2 months ago with only a couple of players, it was a fairly new campaign.
    Tried to play an old campaign today and only the new player got the tokens and map, and no one could open any of the player books, unless they owned them.

- Robert

Check how much memory FG is using when running the campaign both fir the DM and the players. If this is up around 3Gb then you have too much shared.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This feels like the new question to ask first is your ISP AT&T U-Verse? I second on them comment on this might be TCP Flood on your router so you are dropping some but not all connections. This was a problem bedeviling my game for the last 5 weeks. (Doing the SSH tunnel work around now).

-Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mclancy10006 View Post
    This feels like the new question to ask first is your ISP AT&T U-Verse? I second on them comment on this might be TCP Flood on your router so you are dropping some but not all connections. This was a problem bedeviling my game for the last 5 weeks. (Doing the SSH tunnel work around now).

-Mark
    I too have this same issue with an old campaign, as I posted in my own thread a month or so ago. We had been just dealing with it as best we could as our campaign is nearly at its end. This issue sounds exactly like mine, player's not seeing maps and images, masking working erratically, tokens not showing up, etc. Had users rename cache and then they were never able to reconnect to the table from their side. I could see their initial connection, but they got stuck in a never ending initial downloading screen, about the 5% mark on the progress bar. One guy did this during the day and let it run for hours with no progress. Had them put the old cache back and then were able to connect, but still had issues. I unshared almost everything I had shared and players still had problems. Made sure local Windows Firewall was disabled. Some times players could disconnect and reconnect to the game with the old cache directory and then would be able to see images, maps, and tokens.

Nothing seemed to help except creating new empty campaign and they were able to connect to it with out issues and were able to see maps, images, tokens, and masking as I added them. However, that's not useful as none of our campaign stuff was there.

The last session, the night of Nov 3rd, we noticed that the issue wasn't as bad. They were able to see new images, maps, and tokens as I loaded them, so I don't know if something changed, or if the problem is really resolved. I do know that there were updates I downloaded before the session on Friday and this was the first time the issue seemed to be gone.

I too am on AT&T U-Verse. What is the SSH tunnel work around?

Blog Entries
    SSH tunnel is similar to a VPN. It basically bypasses (tunnels) through the AT&T hardware so that none of their restrictions occur.

If you are close to the end of your campaign, I would look at Hamachi. It means everyone has to install it, but it's free and is a known good solution. Their is a post with instructions; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ng-Try-Hamachi

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the information on the SSH tunnel. I'll check it out if we have problems running our next campaign, or if our current campaign runs longer.

There a number of alternatives. See info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d-Alternatives
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information