DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Vic Mansion Meanders Map Pack - Special Edition

Hello I was very honoured to have this pack featured in the FG newsletter, thank you Smiteworks! Just wanted to let people know that the tokens for this pack are zipped up inside it.

To access your tokens, copy the module to a new folder.
    Unzip the module by changing the filename from .mod to .zip.
    You will see a file named "VIC Mansion Token Pack.zip" - make a new folder inside your GM tokens folder called Vic Mansion Tokens and drop it in.
    Delete the rest of the module copy.
    You can then access the new bag of tokens by opening your token folder when you load FG.)
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

Kris - can you expand on the need for the instructions above please?

If this is distributed with FG then it should auto install through the FG updater. So I'm confused as to why there is instructions to unzip the .mod file and then copy the tokens back into the GM tokens folder. These should all be accessible within FG through the token module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I would have thought so too - I'm just dotting i's/crossing t's here, a report came in by a user who couldn't find the tokens included in the module - I am not sure why, or of the precise details - I simply want that user and any other users to know the tokens are indeed zipped up inside the module.

Since you are here Trenloe, should the file for tokens be zipped and then zipped up with the module - or should the file for tokens be a mod, and then zipped up with the module?

If a user has an issue with not being able to access tokens that have been installed through the FG update process then that issue should be addressed. There should be absolutely no need at all for a user to have to manually install tokens that are provided as a module through the FG update system.

This should have gone through QA in Smiteworks before being put into the store, right? So it should have been tested to make sure it works correctly? If the module did go through QA then I'm guessing the report from the user is that they weren't activating the token module correctly - it gets activated from a different screen than normal modules.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by gtw2017 View Post
    Since you are here Trenloe, should the file for tokens be zipped and then zipped up with the module - or should the file for tokens be a mod, and then zipped up with the module?[
    The module itself is a file that contains the tokens.

I'm confused by this question. What are you trying to accomplish? Provide non-encrypted access to tokens within a module that has been purchased through the FG store? Or something else?

Agreed. I will put a note on my products when they have token products for users to check both the images/map folder AND the token folder.

Replacement in progress at any rate.

EDIT : Smiteworks just pushed through an updated module with the tokens correctly added - the changes should be live now so if you are having an issue with the module, please update your FG. Apologies for any inconvenience - but it is now sorted.
    Last edited by gtw2017; October 11th, 2019 at 16:33.

HH Promo Graphic 900.jpg

ZA Promo Banner 900.jpg

Hi there - with any luck my special Zombie Apocalypse and new Horror Haunts Map Sets (both submitted to FG) will be available in store and in time for your Halloween Adventures.

Thread Information