STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

(Prototype) Extension for (dis)advantage

Forge link (FGU only; FGC use attached versions below): https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/6/view

Hi

This is the support thread for my extension adding (dis)advantage effects and modifier buttons to CoreRPG based rulesets (not needed for 5E) See the forge link above for the FGU version and the attached version for an FGC version (the FGC version does only contain the effects)

Best,

Kelrugem
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 9th, 2022 at 12:30.

I now added a separate extension where you do not have the automatic removal. This fixed all the issues I have seen in 3.5e/PF1 (except that with damage because this is really not possible on CoreRPG level) But you have to think about removing the effect then again (I may find a better solution in my extension later) or you define the effect in such a way that it expires on the next roll but then the cast button and "save on me" problem comes back (so for these situations you need it without the automatic removal)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 10th, 2019 at 19:49.

Some other observation (edited this also into the first post):

It's independent of the type and number of dice, gladly But: When you have more than one die as in 2d6 which are also of the same type, then there is no visual clue yet which dice are taken, it does not necessarily take the combination with the highest/smalles result but it's still correctly handled. E.g. for 2d6 every d6 gets a separate d6 partner so they build some pair. From this pair the highest/smallest number is taken, but you can not really see which dice are paired because all will have the same colour You have to trust my code then :P
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 10th, 2019 at 20:55.

Hi

Just here to say it does not need any update for 3.3.10

Sorry, that I couldn't improve the extension yet, my PhD is at the moment very distracting I already have some ideas how to improve it to make it better for more rulesets But no idea when I have time for that

Best,

Kelrugem

PS: I also realized after some testing that effects also count as "rolls", so, the best way at the moment is to apply the (dis)advantage effect right before the roll affected by that Then less quirks in general (but that should be easy to fix, I just need to check first whether there is some die in the roll)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; February 29th, 2020 at 22:16.

Hi

Finally I updated that extension and now all the problems (with respect to 3.5e/PF1; I do not know other rulesets :P) got fixed Except damage rolls for 3.5e/PF1 while having these effects, this I can only fix in my 3.5e/PF1 version only

The solution was: These effects now only get triggered when there is really some physical die involved. Thence, applying effects or pressing the cast button will not trigger them anymore avoiding basically all the problems mentioned above Gladly, this extension is now not a prototype anymore (as far as it is possible at the level of CoreRPG)

I will soon add that to my 3.5e/Pf1 version and mention it in the threads there

New update

I cleaned up a bit of the code (for improvements related to the damage roll of 3.5e; not important for most other rulesets, still the same as usual. When something changes then only in the better direction)

And I implemented now stacking of these effects: It takes either advantage or disadvantage whichever effect is dominant in sense of numbers; when both have the same number of effects on a character then they will negate each other such that the roll will be a standard one

hey, @kelrugem -- i discovered last night that the kel(dis)advantage double-rolls every dice... atks (d20) as well as damage (or any die type).

plz confirm if this is currently the case. if so, i had to remove effect for witch (mis)fortune as it was double-rolling everything X-D
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

hey, @kelrugem -- i discovered last night that the kel(dis)advantage double-rolls every dice... atks (d20) as well as damage (or any die type).

plz confirm if this is currently the case. if so, i had to remove effect for witch (mis)fortune as it was double-rolling everything X-D
    At the moment, the (dis)advantage effects affect everything, yes There is no way to tell the effect which roll it should affect This will come in the next release of save versus tags (by the way do not load the extension here when you also use save versus tags/full overlay package because the (dis)advantage effects are included there (it should not produce any error though to load both, it is simply not needed))

Therefore the suggestion is to add that effect just before the roll to which it should be applied (and let it expire on next roll) I added this information in my effect pdf, too, to make it more clear that it affects everything

(it was first designed as CoreRPG extensions and therefore it affects everything because there is no specific type of die in CoreRPG, then the only option is every die )

Updated for 3.3.11

Thread Information