5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Did a little bit of investigating with goonlan. Found that he has the MM and SCAG-CG marked for sharing. The suspicion is that one or more players were loading those modules and causing performance and memory issues. We marked them as unshared and suggested that the players clear their caches before the next game.

On the side, if the players need access to a specific NPC or record from the MM (say for animal companion or wild shape) those individual records can be shared as needed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That's really looking like a memory issue.

You could load up your campaign, open a few records, maps, reference manuals, the combat tracker, etc. - basically do what you'd normally do. Then see how much memory FG is using to give a rough idea of what you're starting at.
    Thanks, I think Lord Entrails (and yourself) have solved the problem- we'll put it to the test.

Thanks as always for the great support you get here, you're fine folk.

Cheers goonalan
    We're playing on-line with Fantasy Grounds, and we're loving it, check out the adventures of the European Union, and the Noobs here-

Goonalan's D&D 5th Edition Campaigns.

Love you lots.

Hi,

Just to say I've just tried opening the same campaign again as above (x3) and on watching what goes on in Task Manager... it's running at the nearly same numbers as previously reported- so 800 MB at rest, and over 1,100 MB with windows open.

I've organised with the players to join FG this Monday coming, so we'll put it to the test- my concern is immediately after the changes suggested last night I restarted the campaign several times and on Task Manager it was running at 250 MB at rest and 550 MB with all the windows open. Which is obviously massively better.

I've checked in the modules folder and I'm not sharing anything big- everything that was unchecked is still unchecked, in fact I've been through and unshared as many assets, and closed any other modules that I'm not using.

Obviously I'll report back Monday, after we briefly try again- my concern is I need to get to FG to work well by Tuesday 22nd, if there are any other suggestions as to how to improve performance then I would be deleted to try them.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Goonalan
    We're playing on-line with Fantasy Grounds, and we're loving it, check out the adventures of the European Union, and the Noobs here-

Love you lots.

If you were sharing the Monster Manual then that was your issue. Although it only uses a relatively small amount of memory on your side; client side it will use many gigabytes and crash their machines.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If you were sharing the Monster Manual then that was your issue. Although it only uses a relatively small amount of memory on your side; client side it will use many gigabytes and crash their machines.
    I sure hope so.

Thanks for the reassurance.

Cheers goonalan

Love you lots.

Thread Information