FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    We had some comcast outages and work done in our area in the last couple of days, I'd better check when I get home.

I wonder if they are pushing out IPv6 to more customers? https://test-ipv6.comcast.net/

Ok. Great news... this is what will work for me.

Now again, I cannot endorse any specific software here or use their referrals links or anything. But PrivateVPN works very well. It is fast, and it supports port forwarding. However, it doesn't look like you can specify which port(s) get forwarded, and each server varies.

Which that being said.... their Toronto servers forward EVERY port. Just fired it up and FG runs like a champ. Connection test works, external IP returns just fine, everything updates.

Is there a speed impact?

With the VPN enabled I get a Speedtest result of 160 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up.

Without the VPN I get about 360 Mbps down and still 20 Mbps up.

That doesn't necessarily mean the VPN cuts my speed in half, I could be hitting the cap on that server at the moment. Still, MORE than enough to reliably game and host.

Figuring out what in the gateway is blocking traffic/ports would be great. But for as inexpensive as this particular VPN is, I think I am not going to stress too much about it hehe.

Still hoping that FGU gets rid of all this mess.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Quote Originally Posted by i3ullseye View Post
    Ok. Great news... this is what will work for me.
    Glad you got it working.

So we can help others who may have a similar issue, without your VPN running and FG not able to update, would you mind using the link Nylanfs posted above and post the results please?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yup. IPv6 fully enabled. No way that I can find to truly turn it off within the gateway/router, not for WiFi at least. It seems to bridge the v4 and v6 addressing somehow. The new gateway doesn't seem to save my setting when I try to force a static IP either.

The result was a 10/10 readiness score.
    i3ullseye

Ultimate License holder

Quote Originally Posted by i3ullseye View Post
    Yup. IPv6 fully enabled. No way that I can find to truly turn it off within the gateway/router, not for WiFi at least. It seems to bridge the v4 and v6 addressing somehow. The new gateway doesn't seem to save my setting when I try to force a static IP either.

The result was a 10/10 readiness score.
    Thanks for checking.

I'm on Comcast and I get a 0/10 readiness score - and FG works great! Don't touch my connection Comcast!!!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Getting identical results for that trace route—all requests timing out. Also getting 10/10 on the ipv6 test.

Just a brief update: Not sure what Comcast did (or if something got fixed on FG's end), but when i tried tonight, it worked!

Just tried it. Still fails for me. Maybe some complaints in each area are getting some changes made?
    i3ullseye

Ultimate License holder

Comcast/Xfinity customer too - Still fails for me which is a bummer as I was hoping to check out some FGU.

I don't think I am saying too much here. But the FGU updater does not give me this problem.
    i3ullseye

Ultimate License holder

Thread Information