FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 60 of 98 First ... 1050585960616270 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Oladahn View Post
    Far too many to list, a couple of examples below. I've noticed mostly in the story itself. Could it be a font problem as it only affects hyphens and apostrophes.

Attachment 54719

Attachment 54720
    Thanks for that - I'll try and track which records they're in and use that as an example. Thanks again for reporting.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Far too many to list, a couple of examples below. I've noticed mostly in the story itself. Could it be a font problem as it only affects hyphens and apostrophes.

Attachment 54719

Attachment 54720
    This should be fixed in the upcoming Tuesday update.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This should be fixed in the upcoming Tuesday update.
    Thanks for that, sorry to be a bit vague and not list all the omissions but there were lots of them. The odd thing was that although hyphens and apostrophes were affected, when the hyphen was part of a word such as 'flat-footed' it wasn't affected.

Incidentally, what was the problem? My guess was a font problem, perhaps using a font that FGU didn't completely recognise?

The odd thing was that although hyphens and apostrophes were affected, when the hyphen was part of a word such as 'flat-footed' it wasn't affected.
    This is probably due to regular hyphens "-" vs long (or 'em') dashes "—"; the former are used to combine words, the latter are used to segue from one thought or part of a sentence to another. Some fonts don't have the character support for the latter which makes them missing in the text.

Similarly, there are different kinds of apostrophies: ' `´ (amongst others) and not all of these might be supported by a basic font.

Incidentally, what was the problem? My guess was a font problem, perhaps using a font that FGU didn't completely recognise?
    As Montis mentioned, it's due to the characters in the original text. We get original data files from Paizo that we use to create the FG conversions. We usually run the text through a macro that converts the offending characters to ones recognized by FG, but the text for the Beginner Box GM guide didn't go through that process.

Thanks guys, all seems fixed.

Secrets of Magic: The spell Protect Companion has "cantrip" as a tradition, which is causing Cantrip to be added to the list of searchable traditions.

(ShadeRaven, this issue is duplicated in your SoM Compendium btw)

Core Rules: The Daredevil Boots item has the freedom of movement activation, but it's only the Greater version that is supposed to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Core Rules: The Daredevil Boots item has the freedom of movement activation, but it's only the Greater version that is supposed to have it.
    Thanks for reporting this issue. It appears there are a couple of others like this (e.g. Crafter's Eyepiece). I'll fix these in a future release.

Chromatic Ray (Spell from Secrets of Magic) has a typo in one of the Enfeebled condition effects.

Thread Information