DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Rage of Elements: Compendium

This one is in the review process and should be available in the near future For now, here's some insight into what it offers, what the impact Remastered will have on it, and where it can be discussed.

Remastered
    For starters, this is the first book to be designed with the Remastered Rules (coming soon). To be honest, there are some subtle differences between what you've seen in the initial version of PF2 and what is coming with Remastered, but for the most part, it's pretty seamless. Most of it is simply cosmetic - name changes and relabeling. From a roleplaying point of view, it's important, but mechanically, it's essentially the same. There's a whole thread on the Remastered Project, so I won't get into too much detail here as I am sure more will be added to that discussion as time goes on. A few quick notes about how it effects Rage of Elements is in order, though.

1) There is one spell (that I caught during automation at least) that grants another spell as a part of its use. That other spell only exists in the upcoming Player Core Rules. My suggestion is to find something else suitable as a replacement while waiting for the new Remastered Rules to get released.
    2) Some Traits are being reworked. However, because they aren't always defined in Rage, I am not going to include them in the Traits section because their new definition is only valid when the new Core books are released. Using the current (legacy) definition will always be valid.
    3) Similarly, some Skill Actions are being changed. The ones that are defined in Rage using the new Remastered Core rules are obviously included. This was most noticeable with certain creature attack powers that were part of their offensive array or damage output (see Knockdown for an example).
    4) Alignment is gone. Where this impacts the most is with damage types: Positive is now Vitality and Negative is now Void. Items and powers/spells that keyed on alignment are obviously no longer going to appear in PF2 products going forward, including this one.

Rage of Elements
    If you love elemental powers, features, spells, creatures, companions, or anything else related to the now 6 major elements, you've come to the right place with this product.

For starters, they've added the Elemental Planes of Metal and Wood to the Planes. If you like getting heavy, there's the Plane of Metal to explore. If you enjoy hugging a tree or two, I recommend traveling to the Plane of Wood. Each has added new spells, items, and creatures to the universe. But the additions didn't end with just those two new planes, similar treatment was given to Air, Earth, Fire, and Water as well. Lots of new goodies to discover!

A new class has been added, too: the Kineticist. The Kineticist is an elemental-power driven profession that taps into one or more of the 6 elemental planes to affect the world around them. They are not, however, spellcasters. The are conduits to the elemental planes that harness and use those energies to great effect. It should offer a good deal of fun, roleplaying opportunities, and pure elemental flexing joy for those looking for something raw to play. There's also a new Archetype for the Kineticist

Beyond the new class, there have been new features and options added to other classes as well. Barbarians get a new instinct option (elemental) where their rage is associated with one of the elemental planes. The Elementalist from Secrets of Magic has new Spell Lists to work from and updates to the ones that currently exist to reflect the changes to the elemental planes. There are new elemental based companions to choose from as well, for characters that have that option. Similarly, the Elementalist Class Archetype has been reworked slightly.

There is more than the above to be found in there for characters, but that gives a good sampling of the goodies in Rage of Elements.

Lore
    Finally, want to talk a little about the Lore that's found in RoE. There's a lot. If you enjoy reading about the inner workings of the universe, you should enjoy the sections of the product that are dedicated it.

What's also interesting (to me at least) is that it's also first look at what the game will look like without alignment. Interactions and attitudes of creatures, leaders, and powerful forces are no longer using the alignment crutch to generically label their "personality". There's definitely going to be an adjustment to this for anyone who's become accustomed to the alignment paradigm, but it also frees up creatures and entities to be whatever they want to be, making for a more dynamic universe that's no longer so predictable (let's face it, for anyone who's RPed as long as I have, it's easy to see Creature X and go "oh, he's chaotic evil and therefore...").

Conclusion
    Finally, I put in a good deal of effort to try to make the automation and use of this product be the best it could be. Keep in mind that there are many features and updates to the ruleset that'll continue to allow even better gameplay. If you find something that isn't working as intended (or at all) or could be approached differently and better, please let me know! I'd be happy to consider and update as appropriate.

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

[reserved for future]
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Any news on this? It's been nearly two weeks since the last update, and I've got an itch that only Needle Darts can scratch!

According to the Fantasy ground store the release date is currently scheduled for September 5th.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...0and%20higher.
    Discord: Geokhan
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    Playtime: Prefer 6pm Central, or later
    DCI: 631966099

Quote Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
    According to the Fantasy ground store the release date is currently scheduled for September 5th.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...0and%20higher.
    Prior to release the FG store is just a placeholder and so dates may not be correct. Whereas it's possible to guess store page URLs, don't take anything as fact in a store page that isn't accessible from the store itself - I've seen some pre-release store page dates be off by 2 months or more! In this case, I hope it will be released this next week, but it's still in the review/pricing state with SmiteWorks and so there's no guarantee.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Prior to release the FG store is just a placeholder and so dates may not be correct. Whereas it's possible to guess store page URLs, don't take anything as fact in a store page that isn't accessible from the store itself - I've seen some pre-release store page dates be off by 2 months or more! In this case, I hope it will be released this next week, but it's still in the review/pricing state with SmiteWorks and so there's no guarantee.
    Thanks for the update!

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Snapped it up immediately!

Thanks for all your hard work, @ShadeRaven and @Trenloe!

Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Thank you, I should be mindful of this.
    Last edited by Geokhan; September 5th, 2023 at 23:55.
    Discord: Geokhan
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    Playtime: Prefer 6pm Central, or later
    DCI: 631966099

None of the kineticist impulses seem to have any automation whatsoever, am I missing something or is this something being worked on?

Thread Information