DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Add Runes

Add Runes

Ok, I looked around and can't seem to find an easy answer. How do I add runes to items. I am trying to make a +2 striking Greataxe and I just can't figure it out or is there a supplement I can buy with it already made up in.

See PF2 Items -> Weapons in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...+Items#Weapons

See the "Properties" section for adding striking and the "Weapon +X potency rune" for adding the +2.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Be aware that the bonus field doesn't count as an item bonus so you need to be careful with what actually stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Be aware that the bonus field doesn't count as an item bonus so you need to be careful with what actually stacks.
    Interesting. I hadn't really thought of that, and if true, I wonder if that should be accounted for.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

When I first started designing the ruleset the philosophy was that most entries would have what is basically an untyped modifier field to allow for fine tuning of numerical totals. And the original code used the weapon "bonus" field for magical weapons, which is untyped.

I've logged this issue as RS2.110.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Apologies for the necro, but I have the same exact question on how to add runes to a weapon, and the link that was provided above is no longer valid when I click upon it.

Without extensions, the simplest way would be to duplicate the item and edit the duplicate record. For a weapon potency rune, that'd be the item bonus.

Screenshot 2024-05-04 224535.png

You can then drag that modified weapon into the player's inventory and remove the old one. Simply updating the record for the item that's already in the player's inventory doesn't seem to automatically update the action (although you could manually modify that, too).

If you want to make this easier re: the other runes for more complex cases, there's a paid extension that does this ( "PFRPG2 GM Enhancements", https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/576/view ); see the "Rune Forge" feature.

Thread Information