FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... Last

Release 19 - Information and feedback

Pathfinder Second Edition ruleset Release 19 is now in the LIVE channel!

Please make sure you read this post (#1) and the next two (#2 and #3) - there are a lot of new things in Release 19 and moving to it can be confusing if you're not aware of the additions!

It's finally here - after waiting way too long for this. I hope the wait's worth it! Release 19 has lots of new functionality, with the main aspect being "Activities" (see post #3 for details of what's new in this Release).

Release 19 has a large amount of new code and has been in the test channel for about a month to try to iron out most of the major issues - thanks to all of those who helped with testing. Because of this large amount of code changes, there could be issues in areas we weren't able to fully test, and there's also a very good chance that the new code will clash with extensions - either obviously (error messages) or more subtly (no error messages, but things don't quite work right). Therefore, we strongly recommend that you don't update just before a game and that you may encounter issues with extensions. If you do use extensions and you come across a problem, please try to recreate the issue without extensions before report it to us.

That said, I have been using this code in my own PF2 Kingmaker campaign for the last three months, as have some others in the test channel. Note: I run about 3 extensions, none of which are specific to PF2 and don't rely on the PF2 code.

Thanks to everyone who's tested and provided feedback. This is going out a little earlier than I would have liked (I wanted to add a couple of things, fix some bugs and add more activities/automation to DLC records) but we're tied to the Core changes that went live today. Therefore, this is really a beta+ release into live - it's very playable, the main concern is probably going to be the PC update process not working smoothly for some PCs and extensions clashing with the extensive R19 code. Thanks for your understanding if you run into issues - we'll attempt to resolve them as quickly as we can.

I'll continue to refine the code further, add more activities/automation in the Core Rules and the other rulebook products over the coming weeks...
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 29th, 2023 at 17:56.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Videos and Documents

Videos
    Very fast R19 overview: https://youtu.be/9xZV_g-7bWI
    Updating characters to Release 19 data: https://youtu.be/ntApHIMf7QQ
    Activities - detailed information: https://youtu.be/tKbVe_Z7ujU
    GM DC desktop panel and Secret checks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa2sOAhQIfc

"b" release update (September 5th): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CBWP2oiWqA

Documents
    R19 versions of the Wiki documents aren't available in the FG Wiki right now (they will be soon), we're tracking the changes in Google Docs. Appropriate ? help buttons within FG have been updated to point to the Google Doc versions of the Wiki. These can also be accessed from these links:

How to Use guidance: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...P6xfIxGzkfVXI/
    PFRPG2 Effects: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...y6AvLbAfH6wJGo
    PC Feature automation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...GyOCXd1wFQ-cN8
    NPC Ability automation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...eeU_gRHO3atIV8

Project Tasks

I've been tracking tasks in a Freedamp project. If you're interested, you can access it here: https://freedcamp.com/view/3259233/tasks
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 5th, 2023 at 22:30.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

* Activities and their associated actions
    - New FG record type.
    - Auto add specific base records.
    - Skill checks vs DCs (save and skill DCs)
    - Output result text to chat
    - Item use
    - MAP tracking
    - Secret checks
    - Auto generation of activities from feats with an assigned action type.
    - GM desktop DC panel
    - Activility filtering.
    - Show minimum actions functionality.
    * Release 19 PC sheet update
    * PC Skills tab locked - enter edit mode to change skill proficiencies etc..
    * Floating PC character sheet windows (not abilities and inventory)
    * MAP buttons added to the top of PC and NPC sheets. These apply to all rolls (i.e. adjust the modifier buttons) and aren't specific to that PC/NPC.
    * Damage combination
    * Spell and Class DC proficiencies tracked
    * How to Use field
    * FG actions and success levels added to Feats
    * FG actions added to Items
    * Can link activities to Class Features, Lookup data and lookup data features records.
    * HP damage added to item records
    * SHIELDBLOCK functionality.
    * Action reordering added to action lists.
    * Ammo tracking
    * SPEED effect and display in chat at the start of actor's turn
    * Effect functionality expanded - added to some effects: trait filtering, ability name filtering, proficiency level filtering, effect targeting; ETTS and ETTT, initial init to decrease on (self, target, turn), 1/round and 2/round expenditure, ACTORNAME substitution (CT and character effects), GM only effect actions
    * New effect types: DMGBASETYPE, TRAIT (currently damage action only), and many more. New effects are indicated with ** after their name in the R19 Wiki doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...y6AvLbAfH6wJGo
    * Range calculations and associated effects.
    * {ACTORNAME} substitution

Automation
    * Improved handling of innate spell abilities.
    * spell and class proficiencies
    * Expanded [MESSAGE ...] functionality.
    * {ACTORNAME} substitution
    * {PCN} substitution (unique character number)
    * Better handling of adding sorcerer bloodline

Minor changes
    - Class fields respect read-only setting.
    - Move from DB.getChildren to DB.getChildList API calls where appropriate
    - Weapon with Finesse trait uses best of Dex or Str for attack check - only checked when weapon first added to the PC.
    - minor window sizing changes.
    - Trait lookup handles traits with numerical data - e.g. Additive 1.
    - Sidebar icons for trait, activity and lookup data.
    - Various minor fixes.
    - Cater for some initial Pathfinder Remastered options.
    - PERS damage within a weapon damage entry doubled on a critical hit.

Current Core Rules Data

The Pathfinder 2 Core Rules DLC has been updated with some of the new data that contains activities and further automation. Currently the data covers the following records - usually only for those that have a specific PF2 action/activity allocated to the feat/feature/ability.

For FG to update imported PCs with the R19 data, the name of the feat, class feature, heritage and item in the PC sheet must exactly match the name of the related data in the FG Core Rules DLC.

Ancestries: Feats (all levels), heritages (all levels).
    Classes: Class features (all levels), Class Feats (levels 1-6, except fighter level 1-4).
    Feats: Skills/General (all levels), Archetype (some - currently: bard and fighter proficiencies).
    Items: Alchemical elixirs (all levels), Potions - Healing (all levels).

No spell data has been changed in R19!

More data will be added over the coming weeks.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 8th, 2023 at 09:16.

There are a few known issues associated with this release - these are listed below. Please check here before reporting issues and please see the next post down (#5) for details on reporting an issue.

Slowdown of database access. If a lot of PCs are opened (with all of the additional activities data) the FG instance can slow down a lot. I'm testing on a laptop, so not sure how this will effect higher spec PCs. So far it hasn't stopped me playing, but it has presented to odd instance of FG becoming unresponsive for a short time. I'm keeping an eye on this and trying to get some good reproducible steps/data to provide SmiteWorks for them to look into it further.

Database node deleted errors. These are errors that may appear after deleing records or a PC. These are there to allow SmiteWorks to try to track down what could cause the database nodes to not be cleared out completely. They won't effect your game, other than a console window popping up. I'm keeping an eye on this and trying to get some good reproducible steps/data to provide SmiteWorks for them to look into it further.

Gotchas

These are things that are working by design but may cause issues in expectation...

• The Gamemastery option rule of multi classing is not supported for R19 data migration - FG will only look at the first class added to the PC when matching class features.

Itemized known issues:
    1. Unidentified items with activities show identified name in activities
    2. Drag of untargeted attack from chat to target with nat 20 doesn't increase success level
    3. Apply All Actions doesn't support drag/drop
    4. Activities vs. PCs in the combat tracker by players won't calculate target value correctly if the player doesn't own the target PC, as player instances don't have access to other PC data.
    5. Apply all effects with multiple targets produces too many effects. Fixed.
    6. Apply All Actions - ETTT effects applied multiple times per target. Fixed.
    7. Lore skills not currently supported for skill actions. Fixed January 2nd 2024.
    8. Activity ghost entries can appear outside of the PC sheet. This is a known issue with FG. Hopefully the FG devs will get a fix for this soon.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 2nd, 2024 at 20:38.

We recommend you do not update just before your game. We recommend that you load up (and convert) the PCs you use and test a few things out to make sure that there aren't any issues before you play.

If you do experience an issue, please make sure you aren't running any extensions that could clash with the FG PF2 R19 code. There's a lot of code changes in R19 so there's a very good chance that extensions will have issues. We're also running this test during a base Fantasy Grounds test period - so that could also cause issues with extensions.

If you encounter an issue, please report it in this thread. Include:
    1. Compile your logs and post the ZIP file here. Details on compiling your logs can be found in the FG Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...o+Compile+Logs
    2. Provide steps on how to recreate the issue.
    3. Provide screenshot if applicable - this can really help nail down what's happening.
    4. If the issue is during a PC update/import, please provide a copy of the PC XML from before the update/import.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 29th, 2023 at 17:52.

Reserved 5

Reserved 6

Reserved 7

Hi, I just updated an ongoing campaign to the new release. The per-character conversion seemed to work as expected, but only a handful of activities were added, related to skill feats, like Battle Medicine. I then checked the list of Activities under the Character drop down and there were none available. This is with the PF2E core rules loaded and no extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticMetal View Post
    Hi, I just updated an ongoing campaign to the new release. The per-character conversion seemed to work as expected, but only a handful of activities were added, related to skill feats, like Battle Medicine. I then checked the list of Activities under the Character drop down and there were none available. This is with the PF2E core rules loaded and no extensions.
    I'm having the exact same issue
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Johannibal; August 29th, 2023 at 18:42. Reason: Adding files

Thread Information