STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 98 First ... 412131415162464 ... Last
    Thanks Scienephile, Paizo maps don't always seem to align so well to the (assumingly) symmetric grid of FG. Their PDF maps with grid are stretched and the squares unsymmetrical, which can make printing a bit of a hassle. But I hoped that you FG people would get unstretched ones.

We will play again tomorrow, but I got used to realigning the grid after my players complained that some grids forced them to squeeze slightly (difficult terrain) in places with enough space on the map and better original grid alignment. That being said, some maps like "Altaerein Vaults" are completely off when you open them for the first time.

We also decided to allow half-squares where is makes sense, like a hallway 10 inches wide, where both squares/walls are occupied by obtruding furniture. Two people side-by-side need to squeeze slightly (aka difficult terrain), but one can just walk in the middle unimpeded (aka on the grid line).

Could you please leave mundane armor "identified" in future installments instead of unidentified? We get way too many: "There are still unidentified items on the party sheet" (from a player's view), just to find out that these are just mundane "studded leather" armors.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; July 12th, 2020 at 08:50.

--double post--
    Last edited by Weissrolf; July 12th, 2020 at 15:33.

Mundane items are normally left identified. The problem listed was likely due to accidental change when trying to set the magic items as unidentified. I vaguely remember doing a global find/replace and had wondered if it went too far but I was working on several projects and couldn't pinpoint the problem (or even be sure that I made the mistake at the time - it was just a hunch). I guess it has been found. As it was out of error instead of the norm, the other adventures *should* be okay. I think that was a one-time boo-boo.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Ok, good to know. I noticed that Plaguestone was not affected, but only just bought AP2 and AP3 and did not check them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    I vaguely remember doing a global find/replace and had wondered if it went too far
    Sciencephile, "And with that global find/replace a lot of time is saved and with no future consequences."
    Small boy, "But...."
    Sciencephile shakes fist at boy, "NO CONSEQUENCES!!!!"
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Sciencephile, "And with that global find/replace a lot of time is saved and with no future consequences."
    Small boy, "But...."
    Sciencephile shakes fist at boy, "NO CONSEQUENCES!!!!"
    Haha... cute.

I have developed 51 products in the last year (about 1 per week each on average) so it was bound to happen sooner or later. I still think my work is fairly good and consistent. I will make mistakes, no doubt. I do have the bad habit of trying to do bug fixes to one product in the middle of developing another. It helps you guys not wait too long for a fix. However, multitasking is hard in these cases, especially when you have 8 or 9 xml files open at once.

I think it was shortly after this that I started using the method of find/replace where I approve the change at each step. Takes a little longer but is safer.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    Summary: Pathfinder Society Scenario 1-02 The Mosquito Witch shows squares instead of correct characters in Story and Bestiary entries in Unity. It does not happens on classic. It seems to happen on single quotes, double quotes and apostrophes.

Ruleset(s): Pathfinder 2E

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: New and Migrated (Module issue)

Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 10 Home / English

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Create new campaign in FGU in PFRPG2
    2. Load module Pathfinder Society Scenario 1-02 The Mosquito Witch module.
    3. Click on Story.
    4. Click on Entry 001.0004 The Mosquito Witch
    5. Examples of bad text:

Ever since a rash of unsubstantiated sightings from 46624664 AR
    dubbed the Mosquito Witch have
    greatly improved the locals livelihoods.

All bolded characters are shown as unsupported characters (squares).
    thanks for drawing this to my attention, Unity doesn't recognise non standard characters used by the Windows 1252 set in the 127-159 range it appears. I develop everything in Classic which doesn't have this issue. I will update the module so it looks ok in Unity

Hey hawkwind,

I think this should be handled on the FG Unity system end. While it's great you are fixing this, I do believe that this problem will exist in hundreds of existing products. I'll go ahead and report on the FG Unity thread, just in case the dev team doesn't already know about this.

-Danny

EDIT:

Looks like it has already been asked. At this time there is no fix as .NET doesn't use the character set that holds these characters. Moonwizard mentioned fixing it if a fix does ever present itself but for now, I guess the only solution is to manually fix every module by hand and there are hundreds of them. The problem is that those characters come directly out of the content provided by the original publishers, such as Wizards of the Coast, Paizo, etc. Microsoft has once again figured out a way to screw the world and make things harder, not easier, due to their lack of support within .NET. Thanks, Microsoft.
    Last edited by sciencephile; July 13th, 2020 at 15:58.

Ultimate License Holder

i updated three modules in including the one i was submitting, Smiteworks have known about this issue for a while https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-issues-in-FGU

edit..Smiteworks have updated half a dozen PFS adventures for me
    Last edited by hawkwind; July 13th, 2020 at 22:24.

Age of Ashes Book 4:

The "kin warding" and "bloodbane" runes seem to be missing from the player materials. I also can't find (in either module) the map of Kovlar that's on the inner front cover of the book.

Thread Information