DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 49 of 96 First ... 39474849505159 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaister View Post
    Name of product: Strength of Thousands, Part 1: Kindled Magic

issue: In the Adventure Path Player's Guide, the Background SPONSORED BY VILLAGE (SUVIVAL) is erroneous. It has Crafter's Appraisal as the Skill Feat (likely a copy-and-past-error from the Crafting version of the background) where it should be Forager. Forager is listed as the backgrounds trained skill, where it should be Survival.
    Thanks for reporting the issue. It has been fixed and checked in. You should see the fix in this Tuesday's updates.

As far as the ALL CAPS issue, I try to keep things consistent with the Core Rulebook so the style/format of the backgrounds will be a decision by Trenloe. If he decides to change the Core Rulebook, then the adventure paths will change accordingly shortly thereafter.

-Danny
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

While I'm on the topic of backgrounds: why are the name of many backgrounds in ALL CAPS? This applies to the Core Rulebook module, where all but one of the background names are in ALL CAPS, as well as the Strength of Thousands Player's Guide, while most other sources such as the Advanced Player's use normal case for backgrounds. Can we get this changed consistently and perhaps get rid of the ALL CAPS?
    Will add to the conversion work list to change to standard case. No ETA for this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Will add to the conversion work list to change to standard case. No ETA for this.
    Thanks!

While I'm on the topic of backgrounds: why are the name of many backgrounds in ALL CAPS? This applies to the Core Rulebook module, where all but one of the background names are in ALL CAPS, as well as the Strength of Thousands Player's Guide, while most other sources such as the Advanced Player's use normal case for backgrounds. Can we get this changed consistently and perhaps get rid of the ALL CAPS?
    The principle reason for the difference is likely different developers with different standards. It would be good if there were some basic development standards for consistency but I think that would need to come from on high (SmiteWorks).

I just checked out the (infamous) Charau-Kas and there seem to be some inconsistencies in both the versions from Age of Ages pt 2 - Cult of Cinders and the ones found in the Lost Omen Mwangi Expanse book.

First of all, the ones in Cult of Cinders should probably be updated to match the ones in the Mwangi book. The general stats like attacks, ACs and saves are too high for the Cult of Cinders ones - this is a mistake Paizo openly admitted and kind of "Errata'd" by having the corrected stats in the Mwangi book. Then the Charau-Ka butcher from Cult of Cinders is missing Attack of Opportunity in the FG stat block. And the Butcher in the Mwangi book gains AC while raging, which is a typo (or probably a copy/paste issue leftover from the Cult of Cinders book) and it should actually lose an AC, same as barbarian rage.

Hi Montis,

Thanks for the report. Unfortunately, putting different stats in a new source book isn't the same as an official errata released by Paizo. If we changed the AP to match the new book, we would have people reporting it as incorrect because it would not match the official module at that point and we would not have any real evidence for changing it, other than just to make it the same as another released book.

Do you have a link to where they officially admitted the stats are wrong and that the stats in the Mwangi book are the correct ones to replace it? I would need some evidence similar to errata to make the change.

As a quick fix, if you are more comfortable with the Mwangi Expanse book stats, you can always drop the NPC from that book into the adventure and replace the ones that came in AP 2 for your game.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

Unfortunately I don't have access to any such statement. I thought I read it somewhere but can't find a post after searching the paizo forums. However it's kind of inferred as the Mwangi Book was released almost two years after the original adventure.

In any case, the Attack of Opportunity is still missing in the stat blocks of Cult of Cinders while it's there in the book.
    Last edited by Montis; February 10th, 2022 at 15:24.

The original source for the adventure module had the Charau-ka Butcher having an Attack of Opportunity but I apparently missed that. I fixed that and checked it back in. The change will be released LIVE this next Tuesday, 2/15.

Thanks for reporting.

Ultimate License Holder

Name of product: Agents of Edgewatch, Part 1: Devil at the Dreaming Palace

issue: The pacifying rune form the Adventure Toolbox (p. 78) is listed in the module as a level 2 item, when it is in fact level 5 as printed in the book.

Name of product: Abomination Vaults, Book 2: Hands of the Devil

Issue: No secret door from area B20 to B24.

Thread Information