STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Spell Preparation and Dark Mode

My players recently complained that they were unable to tell what spells they had prepared while in preparation mode, and when I went to check I found that I could not tell the difference between a prepared and unprepared spell either. A cast spell is easy because of the visible checkmark. After some messing around I found the culprit to be the Theme: FG Dark plugin; when I turn it off the difference between a prepared and unprepared spell is readily apparent, as there is a visibly darker ring around the little spell slot circles when I click to prepare them. The funny thing is that I could have sworn I have been using dark mode pretty much from the very beginning because my eyes are very light sensitive, but I do not remember having this issue until recently.

Anyway, given all that, can anyone advise me as to a way to properly see which spells are prepared while also saving my poor eyes? Please and thank you!

Screenshot 2024-05-04 163519.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-04 163649.png
    Last edited by AsmodeusUltima; May 5th, 2024 at 01:21.

That's dependent on the theme to change any elements to match the changes. Whichever theme you are using would need to be updated to provide an alternate checkbox graphic. Which theme is that?

Regards,
    JPG

It just says Theme: FG Dark. I assume it comes standard with the program, along with Classic, Dungeon, Leather, and a few more. I certainly don't remember ever downloading them anyway...

I'll have to pass that along to our artist who made it, and see what they can do.

Regards,
    JPG

Are you sure that's the only extension/theme you are running? Mine looks different color-wise.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Actually, this looks like an issue with PF2 ruleset doing something different. It works fine in 5E, 4E, 3.5E, etc.

Regards,
    JPG

Odd. I do use other extensions, but none of them are visual. Just tried loading it up with only the Theme: FG Dark enabled and it still looks like it did before.

I'll investigate and provide a fix. Thanks for the heads up regarding the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The least I can do. Thank you for all your hard work!

Thread Information