DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 97 First ... 816171819202868 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    What is it with Paizo maps that they keep messing with their grid not being square across the map? My assumption always was that when they squeeze their original high res map on the PDF/printed page they change the ratios, but I would expect FG to get the uncompressed original instead?
    Unfortunately that isn't always the case of getting perfect digital copies. Not much we can do except roll with it. Part of it was my fault because I had the tool and while I knew it could stretch the map to make grid lines fit better, I had always assumed in the past that the grids had to be square for the tool to work. I have fixed plenty of maps where the grids were square, just not uniformly created throughout. I never knew before the other day that I could take a map where the grids were 50 px wide and 56 px in height and the tool would stretch the entire map to make them all square. Pretty slick. I guess I just wish I had known this sooner - I would have fixed that map long ago.

Oh well ... I know now
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

I used to use MapTool to run games, and fighting with the Paizo maps not having square grids has been a thing for basically the entire time I was using MapTool.

Really glad you guys are fighting that fight so I don't have to. ~salutes~

In The Slithering, the Wood Golem's "Antimagic Harmed by Fire" ability should be untyped not "fire" and the Spell Dmg? is checked as "yes" which is preventing it from taking its own effect's damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrite View Post
    In The Slithering, the Wood Golem's "Antimagic Harmed by Fire" ability should be untyped not "fire" and the Spell Dmg? is checked as "yes" which is preventing it from taking its own effect's damage.
    It's been fixed and turned in for the next LIVE update (10/6/2020). It should be in the TEST environment tomorrow.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

I should mention that golem vulnerabilities being marked as spell damage and thus blocked by the golem's immunity has been an issue for every golem I have yet run, whether in Age of Ashes or the Slithering; I believe even the base Bestiary golems have the same issue.

A related issue is that golems are marked as being immune to "magic" in addition to "spells", which causes magic weapons to not harm them.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    I should mention that golem vulnerabilities being marked as spell damage and thus blocked by the golem's immunity has been an issue for every golem I have yet run, whether in Age of Ashes or the Slithering; I believe even the base Bestiary golems have the same issue.

A related issue is that golems are marked as being immune to "magic" in addition to "spells", which causes magic weapons to not harm them.
    Golems are a difficult exception to the normal rules. I don't know if there'll ever be a fully automated solution for them...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Fall of Plaguestone - Adventure Toolbox Items

Quick question: I wasn't able to find any of the new items listed in the adventure toolbox in Fantasy Grounds for this module. Was this an oversight or is this the general approach of converting adventures to FG? Thanks.

Moved to the DLC reporting thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhuarc View Post
    Quick question: I wasn't able to find any of the new items listed in the adventure toolbox in Fantasy Grounds for this module. Was this an oversight or is this the general approach of converting adventures to FG? Thanks.
    The items are available in links in the library - Alchecmical/Magic Items in the main adventure module, or New Items in the Player Resource module. They aren't available via the campaign items menu in the sidebar.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Found them, thanks for the quick reply!

age of ashes book 4 problem with a npc stat block, the Stat block mentions "Spell defection" as a immunity which it isn't also the parser in the ruleset interprets this as immunity to all spells, the screen shot demonstrates both points
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information