5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Hi Lady Archer - the FG Meanders Map Packs provide ungridded maps designed for a 50-60px grid within FG. Inside FG you lay your own grid over the maps using the tools provided by the program - when you size the square to 50px it will give you a grid perfectly designed to match the Meanders Map. Your tokens will then snap to the grid in that default size - however if some tokens are larger than others they should automatically adjust, from memory. Otherwise, it is simple enough to hold your mouse over a token and hold CTRL while you scroll your mousewheel up or down to change the tokens size, and you can tap the mousewheel or middle button and CTRL to return it to default size as a bit of a shortcut as well. Hope this helps
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Archer View Post
    Hi gtw2017!

I am considering purchasing some of your Meanders Map Packs - specifically the Risefalls. My question is, will my tokens automatically size to the grids on these maps for DnD 5e or will I need to overlay grids and scale each token? Thanks for your help!
    Tokens are scaled on a gridded map according to the size of the creature. So a medium creature takes one square, a large one 4 squares and anything bigger 9 squares. It doesn't matter what the actual size of the tokens are as long as you have a grid on the map and a size on the creature.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Tokens are scaled on a gridded map according to the size of the creature. So a medium creature takes one square, a large one 4 squares and anything bigger 9 squares. It doesn't matter what the actual size of the tokens are as long as you have a grid on the map and a size on the creature.
    Thanks Zacc - and as far as I recall you can change the size of the creature and therefore its representative token size from within its NPC sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by gtw2017 View Post
    Thanks Zacc - and as far as I recall you can change the size of the creature and therefore its representative token size from within its NPC sheet.
    Yes, there are multiple ways. The first is to change the creature's size in the NPC sheet; the second is to change its size in the Combat Tracker; and the third is to use the CTRL+scroll wheel on the token directly on the map.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Thanks so much everyone! I am running a module that needed some supplemental maps. I had never added my own map before. I appreciate all your help!

You're very welcome - thanks for giving my Meanders a go - hope they do the job

Blog Entries
    Yeah, that works but it also forces you to add the player's tokens again on each and every map you open. I think if you would provide each map as a standalone image so we could piece them together, that would be great. This is in reply to Kris up above that said you can place shortcut pins on each map to open the next one.
    Last edited by Niles; November 17th, 2021 at 18:13.
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gtw2017 View Post
    Hello This is Kris, Meander Maker. While you cannot currently visually join two maps together seamlessly in FG Classic, partly due to the size restrictions, but also since the mapping only allows single images - you could do as the above gentlemen suggest and buy from GTW to get unlocked access to the maps - but you can also use PINS to simulate continuity of the maps within FG. Meanders are proving popular - but their true potential has not even been unlocked as giant modular terrain in FG due to its restrictive memory and toolset.

However - in the Top-Left hand corner of any image file there is a link button, it will look different depending on which ruleset you have I think - but its always in the same place. Open two maps lets say, desert (Map A) and a desert to forest blender (Map B). We want to join them so what we Can do, is place the two maps side by side and play with the sizing til they match up with one another. Drag map A's pin onto the far left edge of Map B .where the two terrains meet. Now, drag Map B's pin over to the far right middle edge of the Map A. You should end up with two red pins more or less side by side. Now, when you get to the edge of Map A, you just click the pin and it will open up Map B. In this way you can connect as many Meanders as you want - just remember to Unshare them (marked with a white 'P' in your Mapgs/Images scroll down menu) when you don't need them.

All Meanders FG Packs have this tooltip in them too, in Story, section (3), Hot Tips.

Hope this helps you and thank you very much for your kind words and support for my maps - I am very nearly at 1000 now... and zombie, modern and post-apocalyptic sets are only a few weeks away from being ready.
    Sorry, I'm replying twice. The first time I forgot to put in your quote. Even though we're able to do that with the shortcuts, it forces you to add everyone's tokens on each and every map. It would be great if each pack provided standalone images so we could piece them together in another program.

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Even though we're able to do that with the shortcuts, it forces you to add everyone's tokens on each and every map. It would be great if each pack provided standalone images so we could piece them together in another program.
    FGU allows you to add the images as tile to an existing image. You can create a map in FGU using mutliple meanders images as tiles.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    FGU allows you to add the images as tile to an existing image. You can create a map in FGU using mutliple meanders images as tiles.
    That's good to know, Trenloe. I'm new to Unity so I don't know how to do that, but I'm gonna give it a try.
    Last edited by Niles; November 17th, 2021 at 19:49.

Thread Information