</id-00004>
    <id-00005>
    <result type="number">10</result>
    </id-00005>
    <id-00006>
    <result type="number">3</result>
    </id-00006>
    </savedroll>
    However when I do a DB call and get the children, they come in a random order, last time it was:

Runtime Notice: s'v' | databasenode = { charsheet.id-00005.savedroll.id-00006 }
    Runtime Notice: s'v' | databasenode = { charsheet.id-00005.savedroll.id-00005 }
    Runtime Notice: s'v' | databasenode = { charsheet.id-00005.savedroll.id-00004 }
    Next time it was 8,9,7

Any thoughts?

Cheers
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

That is correct. DB.getChildren does not return in order where they are presented in XML, instead they are identified by their node name (string type) in table and when you use pairs to iterate them through they seem to come out in "random" order. In SavageWorlds I had need to get them in asc order so I have implemented getChildrenSorted function t achieve that.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Afternoon Folks,

I've got a node which stores the results of the dice rolls. Works lovely:

However when I do a DB call and get the children, they come in a random order, last time it was:

Next time it was 8,9,7

Any thoughts?

Cheers
    MBM
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    That is correct. DB.getChildren does not return in order where they are presented in XML, instead they are identified by their node name (string type) in table and when you use pairs to iterate them through they seem to come out in "random" order. In SavageWorlds I had need to get them in asc order so I have implemented getChildrenSorted function t achieve that.
    It's ok I fixed it myself.

I now have the 'dice' number stored along with the result, and it sets the 'Dice..i' with that value.

Cheers!
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thread Information