5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

FG as a player at the table

A couple questions as I am new to FG.

I want to use FG as my character sheet. Similar to what you can do with D&D Beyond. Would the best way to do that is to setup a campaign myself and build a character from within it if my DM isnt using FG. I tried to search this but it seemed mostly directed at GMs with players not using FG.

Also with the new version of FG coming out would it make sense to use the subscription model and then invest in the one time purchase once it comes out or is there an upgrade option for current users?

Hi etherealarcana welcome to FG.

Basically, the answer to your first question is yes. You would need a license and the modules needed to create a character - what content you will need will depend on the ruleset that you want to use. Note that FG is not a character manager in the same way as DnDBeyond is (at least I think it is anyway - I don't use it). If your DM isn't using FG then you would need to manually update your character's hit points etc during combat. You would be able to automatically reset things on a short or long rest if you create the character in a campaign and put it on the CT just like the DM would.

As far as Unity is concerned there will be an upgrade path for current users but no firm timeline has been announced for when Unity will be released and no upgrade prices have been noted either. A subscription from now to then may well be the cheaper option depending on the timing but as I say nothing is fixed yet so it is speculation.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I used FG many times as my digital character sheet, great for keeping organized tracking invetory, npcs and such, i just ran it as a GM.
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA
    GM: Booked
    Player: Available for Sunday Nights

Thread Information