STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 15 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    As regular user, I found Foundry is lacking the automation framework that we have in Fantasy Grounds and the way they replicate the worst features in Roll20 and the decision on their way to store content is not what I really want or l like. FG is much more better suited for all my needs and this is why it is VTT of choice. Therefore, I want to have all the cool things we are used to in my games, which means automatic rolls and combat automation with less manual activities as possible. FL is very number crunchy and some things take time compared to Alien/Vaesen/Coriolis unfortunately.

Here are two screenshots from the character sheet, one of the formats that probably will end up in the release:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I just bought the Foundry Alien and FL to try out, too. Every time I fire up a different VTT I'm struck by how limited the automation is. Alien seems to work OK on Foundry but I prefer the FG implementation. So I've got great hopes for FL on FG.

Just another encouraging voice awaiting your FG version of Forbidden Lands eagerly! FG is also much better suited to my needs and is my VTT of choice too

Cheers, Hywel

These look brilliant. I cannot wait to get my hands on this once it is released. I don't suppose there is a clear timeframe at all?

Our main challenge is that we don't do that full time, otherwise all would out by now We also work on Alien 2.0 which we want to deliver, as certain feature there will also be implemented in FL (Journey tab for example).

Ah no worries, just very excited to see this. Again, those sheets look brilliant. Just wondering, will the location stickers (from the physical map) be included as tokens at all?

Quote Originally Posted by GWB_Rageasaurus View Post
    Ah no worries, just very excited to see this. Again, those sheets look brilliant. Just wondering, will the location stickers (from the physical map) be included as tokens at all?
    Absolutely. I will make portraits and tokens from everything possible
    I am totally hooked on Forbidden Lands, so what I can do to pump out extra things for our games I will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Absolutely. I will make portraits and tokens from everything possible
    I am totally hooked on Forbidden Lands, so what I can do to pump out extra things for our games I will do.
    It's definitely my favourite system. I am hoping to convince my regular online game to move over to it once that it's released. I played for about 8 months with my in-person game before lockdown and it was a blast!

I'm looking forward to FL on FG. Valyar, thanks for the update.

One more thing. In Foundry, it was possible to create a (fan) translation. In our country we have FL translated into Czech. This is the official translation. Will it be possible to translate FL into Czech in FG?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadoWWW View Post
    One more thing. In Foundry, it was possible to create a (fan) translation. In our country we have FL translated into Czech. This is the official translation. Will it be possible to translate FL into Czech in FG?
    We design the interface elements without hardcoding strings, so this is possible via localization file. The content is totally different beast and English is what has been provided to us. Also using other languages have the challenge with the font support, but this is resolvable.

Thread Information