FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 15 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by mselberg View Post
    This is awesome!

I'm an Free League fan and I'm now starting my journey into vtt gaming for the first time because of this extension.
    I bought the FGU Ultimate as soon as I saw this forum post but now realize that not everything is working correctly with the Unity version.
    No problem since I need to understand how to add the information from the rule books so I'm probably in for a lot of work.

Any suggestions on how to add spells and items so they are draggable to the character sheet with premade attack rolls?
    Maybe someone has an suggestion on where to find a good tutorial? Is the process different between different rule sets and/or extensions?

I'm from Sweden and have both the Swedish and English rules but I wonder if it's possible for me to translate the extension so that my players will have the GUI in Swedish instead.

Really appreciate the time and dedication you've put into this!

I translated it, but I might have changed some other information aswell.

I can send you the file if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoMann View Post
    I translated it, but I might have changed some other information aswell.

I can send you the file if you want it.
    Thanks, that would be very helpful of you!

If you send me the translated file I will put it to the list of attachments in post #2
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    If you send me the translated file I will put it to the list of attachments in post #2
    Sure, toss me a mailadress!

Do you want the other Changes I did?
    I added fields for weapons (combat values and Creationstats) and spells but I havn't figured out how to make a field add value to a parameter in a roll in morecore (is it possible to make it to a script on the item?). Atm I added the roll parameters to each item, based on their bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    I was considering this at some point, but I have limited time to work on the OGL document at the moment. It definitely is doable. A generic theme must be done and standard libraries to hold the content. Still... one more thing on the backburner. The list is quite long
    Even with being stuck at home, time is still our most limited resource! I should have time to help in about a month if we wanted to make plans for how to tackle this.

It is true that we stay home now due to the coronavirus, but I have always been working remotely due to the nature of my work. And for some weird reason, I have even more work... which is puzzling me but it is fact.

Ping me when you have time to discuss the OGL documentation and project.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Here are the files.

The upload of the module just didn't work! When I added .ext to it suddenly worked, so .mod.ext is the module.

The majority of the translations is in <skill> and strings_campaign.xml (some in strings_morecore.xml).

Extra info is the one with all information for Items and Spells. I didn't add any rolls to spells since its a basic roll.
    I was working on adding a function that can read the bonusvalue of the item and add it as a parameter to a roll but i havn't had anytime so right now I add it outside of FG with my FBLparse.

Updated to 2.1.
    Link to DropBox
    Last edited by SoMann; April 25th, 2020 at 14:15. Reason: Changed sharing location.

I've implemented positive and negative modifier resolution based on the modifier stack (the modifier box in the lower left).
    This also allows you to use effects and descriptions for modifiers.

My current solution is kind of cheating, since I'm not using the proper FG dice roller and use a simple math.random(6) instead.
    I might try to change it to use the proper dice roller, but I'm a bit worried about messing up the reroll/saved dice for pushing your roll.

Just add the following code after line 46 in manager_action_dice.lua:
    Code:
      local skillDicePositions = {};
      for cnt=1, #rRoll.aDice do
        if rRoll.aDice[cnt].type == "d62" then
          table.insert(skillDicePositions, cnt);
        end
      end
      if rRoll.nMod < 0 then
        rRoll.nMod = rRoll.nMod*-1;
        for Cnt=1, rRoll.nMod do
          if #skillDicePositions > 0 then
            table.remove(rRoll.aDice, skillDicePositions[#skillDicePositions]);
            table.remove(skillDicePositions, #skillDicePositions);
          else
            local die = {};
            die.type = "d62";
            die.result = math.random(6);
            table.insert(rRoll.aDice, die);
          end
          rRoll.nMod = rRoll.nMod -1;
        end
      elseif rRoll.nMod > 0 then
        for Cnt=1, rRoll.nMod do
          local die = {};
          die.type = "d62";
          die.result = math.random(6);
          table.insert(rRoll.aDice, die);
          rRoll.nMod = rRoll.nMod -1;
        end
      end
    On my system I've also created custom dice for negative dice, to make them more distinct in roll resolution.
    I'm going to send the files to Valyar.
    Last edited by Tatzelbelm; April 22nd, 2020 at 10:08. Reason: Positive modifiers without any initial skill dice were not working, issue with negative dice while also having gear dice

Tatzelbelm, thank you very much for the code: it works perfectly (I substituted the d69 with a d62 so the push works: in fact at the end we know we're using a negative dice, even if changing the color ould be an interesting feature)

Just a quick note, I had to change the code to properly work with negative modifiers and gear dice.

Thread Information