FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How to build a starship?

Am I doing something wrong, everything tells me its not working and will be in a future update.

How then do I build a starship? Many of the fields appear to be read only.

And found it. When it says to add a frame, it means specifically (in my case) Explorer. I was trying to pull over the Venture and have it assign the parts that way...

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeper View Post
    Am I doing something wrong, everything tells me its not working and will be in a future update.

How then do I build a starship? Many of the fields appear to be read only.
    Yes Starships are not 100% working right now. Coming Soon to a Theater near you.....
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    Yes Starships are not 100% working right now. Coming Soon to a Theater near you.....
    It's been two years, will it ever be done? My answer is no. That's why I migrated my games to Roll20 and bought all Pathfinder 2E products over there. Yea yea, some dude got sick and couldn't do it.....you can't find someone to replace him ALL THIS TIME?

Quote Originally Posted by Extaminos View Post
    It's been two years, will it ever be done? My answer is no. That's why I migrated my games to Roll20 and bought all Pathfinder 2E products over there. Yea yea, some dude got sick and couldn't do it.....you can't find someone to replace him ALL THIS TIME?
    And yet I came from Roll20 because FG's system is not nearly as broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Extaminos View Post
    Yep, there's a lot of reasons. You either believe them or you don't - up to you. And you left FG because of lack of Starfinder functionality, for a platform that has only 3 official Starfinder Products? Whereas FG has 24 official Paizo Starfinder products and is growing. Personally, I think you've made the wrong choice - both for Starfinder and especially as far as Pathfinder Second Edition is concerned. But, then again, I'm biased...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    We just hired two new full-time Ruleset developers. Dominic is helping on the final push for Vampire V and is working on Starship functionality next. It may take some time to get it built.

If you prefer the VTT functionality at Roll20, then that is up to you. We believe that Starfinder and Pathfinder have excellent automation compared with the competition’s version and very strong module content support — even without full automation for Starship combat.

Samarex has also been adding new functionality to Starfinder over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We just hired two new full-time Ruleset developers. Dominic is helping on the final push for Vampire V and is working on Starship functionality next. It may take some time to get it built.

If you prefer the VTT functionality at Roll20, then that is up to you. We believe that Starfinder and Pathfinder have excellent automation compared with the competition’s version and very strong module content support — even without full automation for Starship combat.

Samarex has also been adding new functionality to Starfinder over the last few years.
    I agree, somewhere I even read a study on this topic.

So im just getting started with starfinder and trying to learn haw starship combat and shipbuilding works. I'm having a bit of trouble. (weapons showing up where their supposed to, applying damage, my sheet doesnt have the shield ark locations like the one in this video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pdp7uHXEXw

So I see this post and i'm thinking, "maybe it's still not done."

Is that the case or is thier some updated training resources I can find

The PC ship sheet has gone under a change with the latest clean up to the code. Ship combat is in the ruleset and available. As the last date prior to yours was over a year ago, a lot has changed from that point. The process is still the same to adding weapons, crew, and other systems to the ship as the video describes, just might be in a different package. To help, there has been added a hyperlink style point and click interface. You click on the area and it will open the masterindex to the materials that can be dropped into that location.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information