DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by theMaXX View Post
    Hi trenloe.
    Is it possible to automatically set an effect to the current initiative -0.1?
    Nope, that's not possible currently. You'll have to keep doing it manually.

In the future I plan to address end of turn effects - but it's a way off.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is there a step-by-step example of putting this into play? I feel like I'm almost understanding. For example, if my party's bard uses Inspire Courage and I want to add an effect to my PCs to grant them +1 to attack and +1 to damage, would I add that to each individually or is there a way to automate it?

Edit: Turns out that the "AC:" effect does not change the AC listed on the PC sheet, but it is still applied when an enemy tries to hit the PC.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; April 28th, 2020 at 00:36.

I managed to create a spell action effect that applies the bard's "Inspire Courage" effect of ATK:+1;DMG:+1 to all targets for 1 round. Now I wonder if I can create the effect in a way to automatically apply to/target all allies?

Will these kind of spell effects be pre-included in later iterations of the PFRPG2 module, so that players don't have to create them themselves?

Edit: Turns out that the "SR Drag N Drop" module has these kind of spell effects already pre-build into its spells for easy drag n drop into the action tab. They are not free of errors, but I will use those for the time being (or copy them) until PFRPG2 gets them built in, too.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; April 28th, 2020 at 00:38.

Today we had Frightened:1 effects on several party members. According to the description the Frightened value decreases at the end of a player's turn. The combat tracker only decreased the rounds, though, and then left the effect active at 0 rounds without ever removing it even after cycling through several rounds. Is this meant to work this way for the time being or is this a bug?

Weissrolf, I notice this as well. Its not quite fully automated and my players keep me on my toes > "HEY remove that Frightened 1' from me on the CT. I will remove them manually which is fine.

Turns out that the automation works alright, but the effects are added with wrong duration and partly wrong initiative value.

The duration part should be easy to fix, because currently effects are added with a duration of zero (0) instead of 1. Once you manually change the value to 1 the effects is automatically removed at its initiative count.

The initiative value is just a tiny bit more complex, because some effects stop at the beginning of the initiative count they were cast at (usually beneficial ones), but others stop at the end of the initiative of the target (usually malign ones).

So "Frightened:1" should have a duration value of 1 and an initiative value at least 0.1 lower than the target's initiative (target ini 20 = frightened ini 19.x).

Also concerning conditions: I would really like for conditions to be double-clickable in the CT for getting a description of what the respective condition does. Until this is hopefully implemented I have to fill three F-key shortcut-bar entries just for condition descriptions and then still have to scroll through the list to find the correct one.

PS: "List of conditions: A to E" is not listed in the index of the reference manual. I had to click on the previous index entry and then click the next arrow to get to this part of the list, from there I could pull it into the shortcut-bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    PS: "List of conditions: A to E" is not listed in the index of the reference manual.
    It is in mine.

When was the last time you ran an update? Check the reference manual Credit and Legal -> Module Versioning - what is the latest version number you see?

EDIT: and this one too was updated just after the errata came out months ago:

- The Adventurer's Kit is listed as 2 bulk, despite the errata having decreased the bulk to 1.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 1st, 2020 at 11:38.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also concerning conditions: I would really like for conditions to be double-clickable in the CT for getting a description of what the respective condition does.
    Like I said to you a couple of months ago. There are plans to do this. As mentioned here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post475278

One of the things mentioned in that thread has since been implemented - double-click on NPC attack entry weapons traits. For other things I've mentioned, please have patience as this ruleset evolves.

Thanks for the quick reply. Version is v1.11.

Turns out that I confused the reference manual's real index with the quick links that are offered in the library window. There were links for "Conditions" (short list) and the conditions descriptions "F to P" and "Q to Z". Curiously these are all gone now from said quick link list, likely after moving them to the shortcut-bar. Trying to move other entries of the list to the bar does not remove them, so no real idea.

Anyway, opening the reference reveals the correct index on the left side of the window.

Thread Information