STAR TREK 2d20

A couple of spellcasting questions

Gradually learning how to use the PF2 ruleset in FGU. New to both. Answer me, these questions three (no sparrows):

• I've specialized in evocations for a wizard. This should give an extra spell slot at each level for just an evocation spell. The Preparation limits for 1st level Wizard seem fixed at 5 / 2 for Cantrips and 1st Lvl respectively. Is there a way to add one to the slots per level for a specialized Wizard?
    • When I cast a spell from the attacks tab, I can't figure how to "mark" that I've cast it / used one of the prepared slots. Is there a way to do that currently?
    • I found the sticky thread with a link to videos for PF2 play. I'll start going through those. Is there a wiki or PDF document that goes through the PF2 ruleset implementation in FGC/FGU? Or just vids?

Thanks! No need to name your favorite color!

Item spell2.png
    This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Thanks! I cannot figure out how to get that "Bonus Evocation Slots" grid - I don't have that. Also, my Wizard is just listed as "Wizard" not "Wizard (Evoker)".

Ah, I was able to add a "spell class" to that tab manually, call it "Bonus Evocation Spells", and then I figured out that those little boxes of slot per level can be typed into (that's very much not clear in the UI ;-). So that would work. But if there's a more automated way to do it, I missed that. The fact in your screenshot you have "Wizard (Evoker)" as class makes me wonder if I missed something. Based on your image - the spells falling off as you cast I've got down. One thing that had confused me there is I'd cast a Cantrip, and since I'm new to PF2 as well, I temporarily had blanked on the fact that Cantrips are infinite cast - so the UI has no need to "mark" them as cast in any way.

I do not think there is an automated way of doing the number of spell slots
    No, you didnt miss anything. I typed wizard (evoker) in
    Nope, once cantrips are memorized you dont expends them

You can also use this method to create the effects for the various magic items. See here
    https://https://www.fantasygrounds.c...-Spell-Attacks
    Last edited by Willot; June 22nd, 2020 at 22:43.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by jimweaver View Post
    Thanks! I cannot figure out how to get that "Bonus Evocation Slots" grid - I don't have that. Also, my Wizard is just listed as "Wizard" not "Wizard (Evoker)".
    Ah, Heres how thats done
    Add Block.pngAdd Block.png
    Last edited by Willot; June 23rd, 2020 at 05:29.

Huh, looks like attachment linkie doesn't work for some reason! This thread was very helpful though - I'm reasonably well sorted out now!

Huh, looks like attachment linkie doesn't work for some reason! This thread was very helpful though - I'm reasonably well sorted out now!
    Fixed!

Ah, ya - I'd not found those buttons, but did find another way to add a block. I think I've got most of the play mechanics for encounters down - need to learn how to use the map editor next! Thanks for help!

Ah, ya - I'd not found those buttons, but did find another way to add a block. I think I've got most of the play mechanics for encounters down - need to learn how to use the map editor next! Thanks for help!
    ..and for those of you watching at home the "other way" is to right click in the window and select an option...

Thread Information