5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

10 Year Anniversary at the helm of SmiteWorks

It was 10 years ago when I formed SmiteWorks USA LLC and bought the company from the original devs of SmiteWorks Ltd (out of Finland). The original company had been operating since 2004, so 15 years in total.

I have been very happy to see our team and the community continue to grow. We have come a long way from the 1 person, and 2-person shop we once were. We are still small (at 10 people), but we are so much more capable now. While I'm still invested every single day, I love that I can see the company moving full steam ahead on so many things completely independent of me -- or with only the occasional direction. I've had the opportunity to meet many of our community members in person at conventions and I've been able to meet with so many amazing people who work in the RPG industry. Many of these folks now call us partner and I think also a friend.

I want to say "thank you" to the community for the support you've shown us over the years. You've allowed me to follow my dreams. I look forward to the next 10 years.

Congrats!
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Wow! Congrats!! To another awesome 10 years >>>> !!

Congratulations young man and to all of the expanded team; jolly well done.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Congratz on the big day! You guys have done amazing work over the years, and fostered the best community on the whole interwebs.

Vires Animi

It's been a long and steady improvement.

13 years in, this is the best gaming investment I have made in my half-century of gaming.

Congratulations Doug. And also to all those involved in making Smiteworks a success now and into the future.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

As someone who has been using FG since before you bought the company, I can honestly say it is the best thing that ever happened to online RPGs. The growth in both the core system and supported rulesets has been phenomenal and the community is one of the best (if not the best) out there. FGU is only the start of an even better next 10 years AFAIC.

Congratulations and also thank you

Thread Information