STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Savage Worlds v5.1 released

New update is now available with following changes.

[SWADE] Look and feel updated
    [SWADE] Multiline support for chat entry text
    [SWADE] Encumbrance penalty can be selected to be applied only for armor or carried weight
    [SWADE] Typos and links fixed in modules
    [SWADE] Effect keywords to added many module records
    [SWADE] Bumps & Bruises effect added to master effect list
    [SWADE] Improved Chase rule support
    [SWADE] Vehicle parry rule implemented
    [SWADE] Vehicle handling is auto-applied to maneuvering rolls
    [SWADE] Chase complication rules implemented
    [SWADE] Vehicle Out of Control and Critical Hits tables improved
    [SavageWorlds] Defeated Markers doesn't work properly. Fixed (available only for FG v3.3.9+ version~ planned release in 3 weeks.)
    [SavageWorlds] Re-roll damage did not work properly with pending damage entries. Fixed
    [SavageWorlds] Dragging Bennies highlights zones where it can be dropped
    [SavageWorlds] Automation related options moved into "Automation (GM)" section
    [SavageWorlds] New option: "Auto-apply: Abilities & Modifiers". This is master option to control auto-applying Abilities and Modifiers. When set off, all automation is disabled
    [SavageWorlds] New option: "Targeting Allowed". Use to control is roll targeting features allowed
    [SavageWorlds] Auto-apply Joker Bonus, Size, Range, Gang Up Modifiers options moved under "House Rules (GM)" section
    [SavageWorlds] Custom trait attack is be ranged when range field has value
    [SavageWorlds] Skill will be removed if racial ability reduces it below d4
    [SavageWorlds] Option "Minitracker: Show Derived Stats" rename to "Client CT: Show Stats". It will also determine if WildCard info is shown in client CT
    [SavageWorlds] Attack keywords effect support. User can define custom keywords for attacks and they are taken account in effect framework
    [SavageWorlds] Ignore effects support, for instance [Ignore #Dim #Dark] to ignore dim and dark illumination effects
    [SavageWorlds] Reduce effects support, for instance [Ignore #Illumination -3] to ignore up to 3 points of illumination penalties
    [SavageWorlds] Attack effects support, for instance [>#ImprovisedWeapon] in weapon would cause Improvised Weapon penalties when attacking with the weapon
    [SavageWorlds] Attack ignore effects affect opponent's defense effects
    [SavageWorlds] Recoil penalty is auto-applied when shooting ranged weapon with RoF > 1
    [SavageWorlds] Improved effect autocomplete
    [SavageWorlds] Effects are searched from all loaded modules
    [SavageWorlds] Effect framework performance improvements
    [SavageWorlds] Vehicle damage rules implemented
    [SavageWorlds] Token can be dropped anywhere on CT entry to change combatant's token
    [SavageWorlds] Attack can be changed to sub-attack by holding ALT down and dropping it on another attack
    [SavageWorlds] Vehicle maneuver roll cannot be re-rolled by dropping Benny. Fixed
    [SavageWorlds] PC run action button is not working properly. Fixed

Notes
    [SWADE] prefixed updates are available only in Savage Worlds Adventure Edition ruleset
    [SavageWorlds] prefixed updates are available in both Savage Worlds Adventure Edition and Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition rulesets.

Last edited by Ikael; October 2nd, 2019 at 16:41.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

This update is fantastic. I really like the new look and how many improvements there are.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    This update is fantastic. I really like the new look and how many improvements there are.
    ^^^ I second that emotion!

I don't know if this is the right place to bring this up but:

Potential bugs:

1. Unable to remove race after it has been added to a character sheet. (As a user I would like to be able to change my mind before play begins on race even after entire sheet is filled out without starting over.)
    2. All armor is counted against Toughness when equipped even when the RAW state only chest armor counts for that calculation.

If there is something I am missing please point me to it.

Thanks.

RESOLVED: I was using a theme, the Coming of Night that seems to be the source of the problems. I removed it and everything is working fine.

---------------

I was using the new SWADE update to run an ETU game this evening. While I like a lot of the changes, we noticed a few problems.

1. The first problem was that it would not roll (and therefore add) ace dice when the die result was maxed.

2. It wouldn't apply modifiers to skill rolls that were double-clicked on the character sheet, but it would apply the modifier if we dragged the skill to the chat window.

3. When I rolled something as Dean, it would show what I am rolling to the players... like I rolled a stealth roll and while they couldn't see the result they all knew that I was rolling stealth for a non-aligned student.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by esmdev; October 4th, 2019 at 04:31.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post

I was using the new SWADE update to run an ETU game this evening. While I like a lot of the changes, we noticed a few problems.

1. The first problem was that it would not roll (and therefore add) ace dice when the die result was maxed.

2. It wouldn't apply modifiers to skill rolls that were double-clicked on the character sheet, but it would apply the modifier if we dragged the skill to the chat window.

3. When I rolled something as Dean, it would show what I am rolling to the players... like I rolled a stealth roll and while they couldn't see the result they all knew that I was rolling stealth for a non-aligned student.

Thanks in advance
    I found the same issues. also, Adventure cards are not working
    Last edited by Dragonrose0; October 7th, 2019 at 20:46.

I'm not sure if this is the place to report it, but the Obese hindrance increases your running die by one type. The running die doesn't change if you then remove Obese, it's still increased by one.

The Fleet-Footed edge increases your running die type by one, but if you remove it the die is still increased.

I'm really not sure if this is the place to ask, I'm very new to FG, is there a good way to add kevlar's bullet damage reduction to NPCs to have it calculated automatically?

Thanks.

The Rock & roll edge doesn´t remove the -2 for RoF 2 and above.

Quote Originally Posted by Slagmoth View Post
    1. Unable to remove race after it has been added to a character sheet. (As a user I would like to be able to change my mind before play begins on race even after entire sheet is filled out without starting over.)
    You can drag and drop new race to replace previous one, however you should manually remove previous race's racial abilities that were added to your sheet. There is no feature to auto remove race and its special abilities because (IMO) it is rare occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Slagmoth View Post
    2. All armor is counted against Toughness when equipped even when the RAW state only chest armor counts for that calculation.
    You could only equip chest/torso armor pieces to get this effect. Other armor pieces can be left as carried if you want them to affect to encumbrance.

Quote Originally Posted by madmansam View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the place to report it, but the Obese hindrance increases your running die by one type. The running die doesn't change if you then remove Obese, it's still increased by one.
    I can reproduce Obese hindrance issue and will investigate it further.

The Fleet-Footed edge increases your running die type by one, but if you remove it the die is still increased.
    This is known issue, abilities that change your trait/run die are not adjusted back after you remove that ability. Unfortunately there is no fix planned for this since this is again, rare case can you can manage it with manual adjustment.

I'm really not sure if this is the place to ask, I'm very new to FG, is there a good way to add kevlar's bullet damage reduction to NPCs to have it calculated automatically?
    NPCs does not have fully featured gear but you could write kevlar and its bullet damage reduction effect into NPCs abilities. I might add effect support to NPC gear section in next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarx View Post
    The Rock & roll edge doesn´t remove the -2 for RoF 2 and above.
    Rock and Roll's Recoil ignore effect is conditional; it applied only if you don't move. Because of it, this won't be automated effect.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Was this update tested? So many, many things are broken in the SWADE version.

- Adventure cards don't work
    - You can't remove bennies
    - Wild dies is now rolled separate (so two dice vs one)
    - Exploding dice, broken.
    - Combat is completely broken

That's just a few things. Can someone really go through and test it.

Thread Information