STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 15 First ... 678910 ... Last
    @Yako - you helped me find a bug where earmuffs were trying to pass as weapons. That's kinda funny when you think about it. Makes me think of something out of the Bourne Identity.
    The other issues had more to do with special characters in the file names, so I did some polishing that. Attached are your files in what seem to be working order. Enjoy!

Also, I made some other updates again - I know I'm like a dog with a bone.

Updates for version 1.0.2.0 are:

1. files held in memory and built directly into the .mod = only writes 1 file instead of 3 so less clutter on your drive.
    2. Corrected format of Weight field so it shows up in FG. Had to loose "lbs" because FG just wouldn't show anything at all.
    3. Can now import GCS Tactical Shooting and others that use techniques skills to create more skills.
    4. Cleaned up special characters when used in file names.
    5. Code cleanup
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Jaxilon,

Came across a popup window when trying to export exotic advantage list, I am not sure on what is means? It states "object reference not set to an instance of an object" It saves a file to the modules folder, but I can access the file in Fantasy Grounds.

Kind Regards

Can you provide the file you are importing or the manual file you have created so I can attempt the export? This way I can find and remedy the issue more easily.

But first, have you loaded an image to include in the grey box? I just was testing and the change I made to create the zip file from memory streams looks to have introduced that. I'll fix it to insert a default in a future update but for now make sure that's not your issue.

edit: In case that IS the issue I have pushed out v 1.0.2.1 (you might have to uninstall the previous version but it will tell you that). This version provides a better error message if there are problems packing up the .mod file. To get v 1.0.1.2 just re-download using the link at the top of the thread.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; April 20th, 2020 at 15:54.

Quote Originally Posted by jfletc12 View Post
    Hi Jaxilon
    here is a link to one of the files https://schoolsnsw-my.sharepoint.com...2Dnfw?e=VCgeuA
    I seem to be able to load this .mod file just fine in FGU or was that even an issue?
    Do you still get the same message when creating/exporting this using v 1.0.2.1 or did the update fix it for you?

Thanks

HI Jaxilon,

Thanks for your reply, yeah, I can't seem to see in the data module activation section, I have re-started the program. Recreated the file a couple of times. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jfletc12 View Post
    HI Jaxilon,

Thanks for your reply, yeah, I can't seem to see in the data module activation section, I have re-started the program. Recreated the file a couple of times. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Cheers
    Ok, I'm finding it works in FGU but not in FGC so I'll go figure out when that happened.

edit: I found it. I recently changed the Encoding to Unicode which works fine with FGU. Unfortunately it does not with FGC. I've reverted to using UTF-8 and that works on both FGU & FGC. I'll post it in a moment.

edit2: version 1.0.3.1 if you download and install will use the utf-8 encoding that works for FGC. You will need to re export your .mod file but that should work.

On a side point, where I live I can't really use FGC to host anything because the ISP here seems to be using CG Nat and I haven't been able to get past that as well as the double NAT I have at home due to my using my own router. FGU doesn't need to worry with that and I can host so that's been my playground for most of this. Sorry about the inconvenience for those of you using FGC. If I make more encoding changes anytime soon I'll be sure to verify it still works w/FGC.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; April 22nd, 2020 at 22:47.

Will spells be added to this? I've looked at FG to GCS Skill and Spell Import Script by Xeonen but I can't get it to work right. I'm sure it's an error on my part as I'm new to this kind of stuff and I don't have a background with it. I am able to get GURPS Mod Maker to work so I was wondering if spells would be added to it.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    Will spells be added to this? I've looked at FG to GCS Skill and Spell Import Script by Xeonen but I can't get it to work right. I'm sure it's an error on my part as I'm new to this kind of stuff and I don't have a background with it. I am able to get GURPS Mod Maker to work so I was wondering if spells would be added to it.
    Sorry, not sure why I'm not getting alerts on this thread but you should already be able to do them.

They show up under Abilities. For example, here is a file of one for a Book of Fire attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oh thanks! I will see what the error on my end is and sort it out then. Much appreciated.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Thread Information