DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 15 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Thank you! installed the lastest ruleset. I Had trouble finding it but got their in the end and work beautifully.

Are you going to design a similar mod editor for traits and abilities, or is there one that already exsists?

Quote Originally Posted by jfletc12 View Post
    Thank you! installed the lastest ruleset. I Had trouble finding it but got their in the end and work beautifully.

Are you going to design a similar mod editor for traits and abilities, or is there one that already exsists?
    Xeonen created a script to do it but I plan to add this function to mod maker when I get a chance.

Maybe I'll work on it tomorrow if work doesn't fry my brain by then.

Awesome, thank you again. Work I think is frying everyone head at the moment, take care and thank you again.

I was trying manual entry and ran into some issues:
    1.) Cloth Armor turned into equipment. (Workaround was to make it a junk item and continue with the Armor cat.)
    2.) Attempted to created a multi mode weapon became equipment.
    3.) When attempting after a crash of the program to resume progress from last point data fields lose color coding and all items convert as equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Baufrin View Post
    I was trying manual entry and ran into some issues:
    1.) Cloth Armor turned into equipment. (Workaround was to make it a junk item and continue with the Armor cat.)
    2.) Attempted to created a multi mode weapon became equipment.
    3.) When attempting after a crash of the program to resume progress from last point data fields lose color coding and all items convert as equipment.
    I will visit this and see what I can duplicate. Not knowing exactly what you entered it might be impossible to create the same issue but I've been focused on the import code so much it is possible issues have been introduced on the manual side of things. I'll be back

Please feel free to ask any clarifying questions. I do my best to answer completely. I was using info from GURPS Lite 4e and manually entering it into the mod make if that helps. I am doing it as a bit of a lark and a possible intro to GURPS for newbies you know don't overload people just start and then if there is interest then work up to more complex situations.

Sorry I wasn't quicker to respond. I actually fixed your points right away but then I forged ahead on getting Traits to work.
    Colors is fixed. I added tool tips to many of the column headings to help explain what they are for.
    By the way, it's helpful when creating items manually to right click on that first "cat" column to get a selection to make sure you set that up correctly. I think this was what was tripping up your dual items.

Traits
    It's not perfect so consider Traits a beta feature. Right now you can only import Traits (eg, Advantages) from Gurps Character Sheet (GCS). Exactly like you import for items or vehicles.
    I haven't tried all of them but Basic Set as well as Dungeon Fantasy work.

I'll work on GCA as soon as I feel like looking at Advantages again but it will probably be a few days just because I need a break.

Known issues
    Action does not work - it has some numbers issues with multipliers I'll have to iron out.

Hopefully I didn't break anything but as usual let me know.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; April 10th, 2020 at 04:57.

Cyrillic Symbols

Hello. Thank you for the program.
    Currently, the app does not work correctly with Cyrillic.
    Please add character conversion. See the attached .txt file for matching the character encoding in GCS and FG.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Tesey View Post
    Hello. Thank you for the program.
    Currently, the app does not work correctly with Cyrillic.
    Please add character conversion. See the attached .txt file for matching the character encoding in GCS and FG.
    Now there's something I don't get asked for every day. I'll see what I can do.

Hi All,
    I finally figured out what I was doing wrong and got myself "functional" with the Mod program. That having been said, I started working with the spreadsheet database I already created and intended to write my own VB.NET exe application for, and went to see whether or not I could get it to work with the Mod Maker. So, below are some of the thoughts I had, some of the experiments I tried, and some of my likes and dislikes. Note too - I only TOO well understand the irony of the phrase "In my copious spare time" when/where it comes to writing code and having to balance my work life with my home life and my family life and even with my Fantasy Grounds time as GM...

So, on with my "experiments". My spreadsheet that I have with my data, has but 6 columns.
    It has:
    Category (which would be the subtype in Fantasy Grounds xml),
    Name (name in xml),
    cost (cost in xml),
    lc (lc in xml),
    tl (tl in xml) and
    notes (which would be notes in xml for fantasy grounds).
    By default, all of these entries would be "Equipment" as the type...

I thought to myself "Let's try copying an entire row into clipboard, and pasting the contents of excel into the mod maker. As might be expected, they all copied into one cell rather than into 6 cells. I wasn't discouraged by that, so I tried the next trick that came to mind. I clicked on the row number in Excel so it would take every single column's worth of the row and perhaps paste it that way. Nope, that also only pastes into one cell. This is NOT a critique against the program simply because a program only does what the coder wants it to do, not one bit more.

So, I got a pleasant surprise when I tried my next experiment. Jaxilon did not (thankfully so!) arrange his columns in a fixed manner. For instance, when the program first starts up, you see the following:

cat name nameext description notes (plus another 25 fields)

Now, what if I wanted to arrange it so that the first five fields/columns of Jaxilon's Mod maker were to display things in this order...

nameext notes cat name description

It turns out, that you can click on a column name and drag it to a new location such that the order is changed. This may prove to be important for when I want to fill only those fields closest to the visible work area of the mod maker, instead of having to hunt for the proper column using the slider bar. It is a user "comfort" thing more than anything else.

I could say more, but I do NOT want to take on the tone of someone who is demanding things that the original programmer may not have the free time to supply. But as a user of the software, this would be on my wish list:

Get rid of the buttons "Convert" and "export". These are things that could be moved into the menu itself (and have hot-keys to activate). Everything else where you have the name for the mod, author name, path to save things to - can either become their own menu items, or rolled into the "Save" dialog. The picture icon - well, that needs to stay where it is because it is the part, if required, needs to be done prior to saving.

Then I'd fold all of the "Options" items into the File menu item.

Just don't get rid of Options just yet. In that menu list, I'd like to see the ability to "hide/unhide Fields" so that if we don't want or need to see a given field, we can opt out of viewing the fields we don't want. Also, if there is to be no "Import Excel data" option, then the ability to use the cipboard for multiple cell copies to multiple cell paste in his datagridview would be wonderful.

In short, Mod Maker does what it sets out to do - and I've no doubt that Jaxilon had to spend a lot of skull sweat figuring out the formatting of the XML fields exported by GCA, then arranging them as necessary. Making order out of chaos couldn't have been easy.

Thread Information