DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Advanced Bestiary simple templates

Hi all –

I'm about to DM using FG for the first time (I am an experienced player with it) and one thing has me stumped. I am trying to figure out a way to add simple templates to creatures/NPCs. The Advanced Bestiary module/extension has templates, but it's missing simple ones (i.e. fiendish, celestial, advanced, etc). Am I using this extension wrong or is there another extension or...?

Thanks.

Welcome to the FG forums!

The Advanced Bestiary contains the templates from the Advanced Bestiary. It doesn't contain templates from other PF products - the simple templates you mention are from the Paizo Bestiary.

You could create your own templates for the ones you wish to use.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh, it's so obvious now. Thanks! Have you any tips on creating templates? Is that "write a new module" time?

Quote Originally Posted by laerm View Post
    Thanks! Have you any tips on creating templates? Is that "write a new module" time?
    Probably better long term to write them as a module. Create them in a separate module making campaign (used just for testing and making your module). Then export the templates to a module that you can use in any PFRPG campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Note their are some general module making best practices linked in my signature. Nothing about templates, but general advice and knowledge.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It seems that there is no way to plug the template from the Bestiary into other creatures though. Am I missing it in the Bestiary? Is everyone who purchases the Bestiary supposed to create their own module to apply these common templates?

Quote Originally Posted by AkiBishop View Post
    It seems that there is no way to plug the template from the Bestiary into other creatures though. Am I missing it in the Bestiary? Is everyone who purchases the Bestiary supposed to create their own module to apply these common templates?
    Template automation is only available in the Advanced Bestiary product. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...hp?id=GRR2901e

As I mentioned above in post #2, you'll need to create any templates that aren't included in the Advanced Bestiary product.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 24th, 2020 at 08:25.

Thread Information