STAR TREK 2d20

Player's can't see anything?

I've looked through several posts and videos and can't find anyone with this exact problem.

I've purchased several Modules and updated my client to add them to my library, I load them into the session and drag the little green check onto them to allow my players to use and see them. However, they can't use or see anything. I share an image and they get an empty window that loads forever, And even if we get a battle map visible (Always a base FG Map, never an adventure module map) they can't see any tokens I place and make visible. Just red squares.

Did I miss a step or is something broken? They don't need to also own the modules do they?

Welcome to the FG forums.

You should only share player only modules with the players, and even then only share what they need,

It sounds like your players may be still downloading data from you, and this might be preventing them from getting the map you’re sharing.

What ruleset are you using and what modules have you given the players access to?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

We are using D&D 5E and I am giving them access to the Players Handbook, Monster Manual, and Unearthed Arcana. All the versions designated for players.

So should we just wait longer if it's still downloading?

There is no version of the Monster Manual specifically for players; that is a DM only module. If you share the MM then your players would have access to all of the monsters; additionally that is a very big module and will take a very long timee to upload and probably cause memory issues for your players. I would recommend therefore that you start your campaign and remove the MM from being shared and once you have done so get your players to nuke their cache (small nuke button top right of the join screen) before they rejoin your campaign. This will clear out all the unnecessary data from their end. Try to stagger players joining rather than have them all join at once.

Note that player versions of modules all default to the green tick. Modules with a red cross are not intended for sharing.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Are your players opening the modules on their end?

Thread Information