Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    You will almost definitely need to run FG on a normal screen alongside the Tilt Five gameboard. The GM view would best be handled on the normal display and the player view for maps and handouts would be ported to the game board in AR space. Both FG and FGU allow two instances to run at once from the same computer.
    That sounds like it could be awesome.

All of this sounds extremely interesting to me and would be an almost instant YES, the only thing that is making me hesitant is because its FG integration is looking all unproven and still in its early conceptual stages. I am torn between wanting to buy it and supporting this great kickstarter initiative, but simultaneous not wanting to wait 2-3 years before development finishes. so I can finally see some 3D-content with it.

Since currently I am already using FG with a projector setup at the table, it would not grant me that much benefit otherwise.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zenithbv View Post
    All of this sounds extremely interesting to me and would be an almost instant YES, the only thing that is making me hesitant is because its FG integration is looking all unproven and still in its early conceptual stages. I am torn between wanting to buy it and supporting this great kickstarter initiative, but simultaneous not wanting to wait 2-3 years before development finishes. so I can finally see some 3D-content with it.

Since currently I am already using FG with a projector setup at the table, it would not grant me that much benefit otherwise.
    Yes, you definitely need to be comfortable with being an early adopter of technology. I tend to view it more like you are helping bring something into the world that may not otherwise make it.

Even if the first version is only 2D, it still has the advantage over tabletop TV/PJs in that every player can see their own view on the same map with dynamic lighting in FGU. Put their character sheet on their laptop, display their view of the map on their glasses. No more worries of cluttering the map with your character sheet and seeing what you should not.
    Last edited by yarnevk; October 7th, 2019 at 18:34.

closing in 5d almost $1.5m soon!

Quote Originally Posted by yarnevk View Post
    closing in 5d almost $1.5m soon!
    The team is very proud. We're still pushing hard to get to $2mm by the end, so we hit all of our goals. The more people with systems the more opportunity for all of us to play.

Fantasy Grounds Unity is going to be amazing!

Blog Entries
    Has anyone figured out what this means on the top of the campaign page?
    Back now and you'll get over $89 in Kickstarter only extras and exclusives for FREE.
    When I look through the campaign the only thing I see that I can figure are the stretch goals, and those are just color choices, and not content (until the next goal is unlocked). And since those stretch goals aren't available to LE backers I'm feel I'm missing something. What am I missing?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Has anyone figured out what this means on the top of the campaign page?

When I look through the campaign the only thing I see that I can figure are the stretch goals, and those are just color choices, and not content (until the next goal is unlocked). And since those stretch goals aren't available to LE backers I'm feel I'm missing something. What am I missing?
    The XE kit is customizable with colors and has all the nicer gameboard options. We'll extend the free software to all levels and it looks like we'll hit the software stretch goal by the end.

I hope the project bears fruit, AR is a fantastic technology and I very much want to see it become more widespread.

If Smiteworks is finally having an eye towards 3D interactive spaces, they would also do well to have a chat with Berserk Games about Tabletop Simulator. It has a fantastic VR implementation already, but minimal scripting. A FG module running on top of it to accept rulesets and plugins would be fairly amazing.

I am a backer of Tilt 5 also, backed for the one with the large board and 3 sets of glasses, looking forward to this, should be very interesting

Thread Information